trunk drilling question

onephataccord

Reaction score
same here i can understand hood pins i have them not for looks but because im afraid of my hood flying up but why do you need trunk pins

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
One time, I decided to turn the spare tire well in my 5 Series into a beer cooler, so I drilled a hole in the spare tire well to let water drain, and I drilled through my gas tank. (P.S. I was a lot younger and stupid, and it seemed like a good idea at the time.)

It actually worked well though. Just throw a 12 Pack in there with some ice and cover it up with the well cover.

Moral of the story: Dont drill into your spare tire well no matter how cold it's going to keep your beer.

sneak

Reaction score
sarcasm starts...

"yeah, you all caught me!!! i'm a worthless ricer poser who installed trunkpins on his car for no reason at all and they anchor to nothing and aren't functional"

sarcasm ends...

i don't know who you think i am, but i wouldn't waste money on hoodpins to
install them on my trunk for no reason! the previous owner of the car, NOT ME!!, tried to haul a christmas tree in the trunk like a dumbass, and created
a gap on one side, and problems with the trunk actually staying closed.

and to those of you who mentioned sealing... i can't seal a functional hole, that makes no sense... thats like saying if your door leaked, SEAL IT!:chucklesfawk:

the holes aren't drilled too big. functional holes are going to leak even if its a small amount... and heavy rain adds up.

so i put them there for a reason, they are functional, and i need real answers about my question about drilling.

the area circled in yellow is the area i want to drill in (obviously not a hole that large)... maybe like a 1/4" hole would suffice.

pins1.jpg

pins2.jpg

pins3.jpg

pins4.jpg

pins5.jpg

pins6.jpg

pins7.jpg

sneak

Reaction score
You have altezzas....

and your point??

can you try and not start **** for once?? i ask a simple question and all i get is bull**** answers and stupid comments about the fact that i have trunk pins (not helpful at all)... when my trunk pins are actually justifiable given the circumstances. i thought i could look to my bros at 6thgenaccord forums to help me out... not CALL me out!

so i have altezzas... wow... you have eyes... that really helps me out.
i'm not saying altezzas are badass or anything, in fact, i tried to sell them on here a long time ago and didn't have any buyers so i threw them back on. i'd rather see what i paid for on the car rather than sitting collecting dust. and not only that, another reason i have them on is so i can get my stock ones repainted, but that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. please no more bull****... i just want an answer from anyone who knows where the fuel line is mapped out.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
....Why don't you just get a new trunk lid? and you can put sealant around the pin that is bolted into the trunk jamb..of course I'm assuming that is where it's leaking. The hole your drilling in the bottom of your trunk is going to do more bad than good unless you keep it plugged until you drain. I still buy a trunk lid and fix it right instead of half ***'in a pretty substantial problem.

Back