Turbo coming soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelplus

Reaction score
Very true. But better compression is also how you relate to more horsepower. Why do you think the DOHC's create more power. Now I understand that they are built differently. But look at the Eclipse GTS, DOHC turbo, she was built for speed, but yet again I can't think of a car that came straight out of the factory with a turbop on the SOHC, especially with a similar block as we have.

I dont know about that swap, would be a lot of work, but it does sound like it'll work
I'd actually look into this to see the pros and cons of this.

phat2k2accord

Reaction score
i have ive seen numbers of all motor H head on F block doin 172fttq on dyno. so iam really interested, i got the money too so its ok and yes when and if i do it ill make a huge thread for you guys and plenty of pics. iam really interested on how it works..
but something tells me just to swap the h22a-s rated 223 stock. stage 2 cams some pistons lil work and alot of boost? theres a guy i know runnin 17psi on his and i drove it , and damn it pulls very hard.

but ill probley just do a kit on my F23 and polish everything ,save a lil money ,since its gonna be a complete show car and i really dont care about power of 250..

angelplus

Reaction score
i could care less about looks. so that makes my side totally different. so thats why i say performance over looks any day of the week.

for the swap, do it. if you have the money, the time, and the help, go for it man. if i knew someone else that did it i'd do it myself but i have other priorities at this point.

acrod99

Reaction score
Sorry for bein so lax everybody-got pics up on my cardomain site-click my sig link and check page 6 for the install. but the car isn't running well. the MSD Boost Timing Master had no spark, so i gotta get another. we think something was wrong with the missing link (MAP sensor spacer), so the engine was sensing the boost and gettin f'd up. also, when my friend removed the oil pan, it got bent, and when we tapped it, it bent more. we're trying to fix it now, get it to seal, but i may need a new one. anyone know where i can get a stock or performance pan? otherwise, the turbo was installed in about 2 days, then we ran into these problems. ill try to keep y'all updated.

angelplus

Reaction score
Summit Racing. They'll hook you up real fast. I called for some **** that wasn't listed on their website/magazine and they sent it to me under a week (special order) and sent some free stuff too. So try them www.summitracing.com

No, Im not a paid spokemen for their store(s).

acrod99

Reaction score
Thanks, man, i'll check that out.

To update, i drove the car all day yesterday. We fixed the leaks, the map sensor, and now all i need is a new BTM because it will still hesitate because the ignition timing is not being retarded enough. otherwise, the wastegate is rediculous-a loud fluttery sound, and the BOV is almos unnoticeable, but i love the spool of the t3/t04! i can hear the turbo spool from 2 grand up with my radio LOUD! haha! i love it, and i regret nothing! I'll let you guys know when i get a new MSD BTM. Thanks for the support

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
damn nice, haven't checked the forums in a while great to hear everything's up and running. you should start a new thread though so it's easier to follow if u have more updates

acrod99

Reaction score
Wildman said:
damn nice, haven't checked the forums in a while great to hear everything's up and running. you should start a new thread though so it's easier to follow if u have more updates
Will Do! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back