turbo question

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
have any of you ever had any experience with kinetics turbo kits? they make them pretty much for VW and audi. my gf's brother just bought one and i dont know much about it. he doesnt know much about cars and kinda thinks all you have to do is buy something and have someone put it on and it will be fine. so i'm just doing some research on them. saw the website but wanted some outside info

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
turbo's are not bolt-on applications, they take time, tuning, and patience. there's a laundry list of things that need to be done, and if you're really serious about going turbo use the search button, if the results aren't satisfying go to H-T and search, i can almost guarantee that there's a large number of stickied write-ups that will answer every question you've ever had and many you never thought of.

Turboing a NA car is not the easiest thing to do, and unless you have loads of money and can afford to have your car in the shop for a long time i wouldn't recommend doing it yourself, because to be honest it doesn't sound like your girlfriends brother is that knowledgeable.

If you wanna turbo the accord check out members who have done it before to get an idea of the numbers you're gonna put down and how much it'll cost to do that.

AlbanianCord99

Reaction score
I never heard of that turbo. Personally, if you don't know much about cars you shouldn't go turbo. Doing things the right way takes money. Sounds like a bootleg of turbonetics. You'll spent at least 1500-2000 to make your engine boost right, unless your gonna run less than 6 psi just to hear the blow off sound.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
i'm not turboing my car. i'm way too poor for that :( my gf's stupid brother bought one and i just want to know if anyone knows anything about the brand. i'm not an idiot (no comments), he is. i'm just asking cuz if i ask him then he'll tell me everything he bought is great even if its some piece of crap ebay thing. he bought a 92 GTi as a "project car." i think he gonna be driving one day and it will turn into a fireball. let me know if guys know anything about the kinetics turbos

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
He bought the turbo kit for the GTi?

If I was him I would have saved my money and done a VR6 swap. How much did he pay for the kit?

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
he bought it for 900 bucks from some kid on a forum. i was just asking because i dont know much about vw. and he doesnt know much about cars to begin with. he thinks if a turbo has a price on it then thats all its gonna cost. just wanted some info about the company

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
tell him to do his own gd research, i could care less what some vw guy does, coughandycough, i think the fact that no one has heard of the company should tell you everything you need to know

Back