Two 12" type- x plus mono block problem

Thormx331

Reaction score
I just recently sold all of old audio stuff and pick up two 12" dvc 4 ohm subwoofers and a planet audio mono 900watt amp.

The subs came wired, amp to pos and neg, then 2 small wires from bridging the pos to pos and neg to neg on the same sub. Then ran parallel wires to the second. In the end they sound terrible, doesn't hit low at all. I heard them hooked up before i bought them but they were being powered by a 2 channel crunch amp.

I tried tuning the subsonic and the low pass filter and seemed to hit the "low" sweet spot sometimes but can't get it back to playing well. They sound more hollow to me now. Hope this makes sense and someone can help

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
They're currently wired to 8 ohm the way they are.

Wire it like this

5FFF6A35-6BB7-475A-B941-D95DD8B2BEAE-24537-000016E16E799D5F_zps44b3d21f.jpg

Start with that and then see how they sound.

Thormx331

Reaction score
ok thanks. Ill give it a try when I get off work. There is also three spots to put the "jumper" on each. Where would you recommend putting that?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
ok thanks. Ill give it a try when I get off work. There is also three spots to put the "jumper" on each. Where would you recommend putting that?

Jumpers are for crossing coils to drop the load. Which is already being done in my drawing.

Thormx331

Reaction score
Tried your way and the one in the picture. The subs still sound sloppy. I even tried hooking up just one and if I put my ear near the cone it had sloppy rhythm and wasn't very deep. I have another crunch amp I thought about trying.

Wondering if these subs only sound good at high power?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
How do you have everything hooked up?

From the battery back, everything. I need to know more to offer more advice

Thormx331

Reaction score
Either 0 or 2 g wire from batt to amp. Use to have a resistor but none at the moment. Then grounded the amp with bolts from the back seats to amp. Have a pioneer touch screen not sure if that matters. Regular rcas and remote wire from the back of the head unit to amp. Never used this amp and it is in used condition.

Thormx331

Reaction score
Switched the amp to the crunch and sounds 10x better. Even with one hooked up it sounds better. Now I just need to mess with the gains on the amp.

Back