Two Problems need help

BoyRicer

Reaction score
First: some of my lights on my dashboard are flickering. Its the led ones below the control for the blowers and also the a/c, defrost, recirculation. They will be on then just shut off randomly. Not sure what it is thats causing it im thinking the grounding came loose, due to the all the gauges not having this issue.

Second: My amp seems to just have shut itself down. Earlier the r/c connector in the amp cracked off in the amp. I got the broken piece out, ran a new r/c wire from the headunit to the amp, still no power. I havent been able to test the wires yet for power. The amp/sub were working fine then just died, which i know the sub shut off due to the r/c wire but the amp i am dumbfouned by

Any help for either will be very helpful thanks in advance

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
upgrade your electricity. grounding kit, alternator and battery. also have you tried swapping bulbs. oh and get a voltmeter to observe output. click on mybers ride thread to see how to hard wire one. ;) haha

:ployface:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
upgrade your electricity. grounding kit, alternator and battery. also have you tried swapping bulbs. oh and get a voltmeter to observe output. click on mybers ride thread to see how to hard wire one. ;) haha

:ployface:
+1 on grounding and alternator

BoyRicer

Reaction score
I did the job myself but ive done a decent amount of wiring. But the grounding kit do you mean like doing the big 3?

lashlee

Reaction score
I would try bulbs before I dove into swapping the big 3 (not that its' not worth it) but if something is isolated to one area I would look specifically in there opposed to trying to upgrade everything. Once you find the problem, probably ground related like someone else noted, then move on to making the charging system better.

As for the amp, I would test on a bench since the input could have caused a short on the board. Depending on where the RCA broke it could have blown a fuse (not very likely) or caused an issue in the H/U.

BoyRicer

Reaction score
the rca cable broke off in the amp. all the fuses looked good and so did all the wiring to the amp. im wondering if the amp is shot

BoyRicer

Reaction score
found out the fuse connectors were not keeping enough pressure on the two sides of the fuse so amp problem fixed. For the dash lights i think im just gunna buy another climate control piece. Cause the led's that flicker are on a circuit board.

BoyRicer

Reaction score
ok took a month to figure this one out. If the lights flicker on and off randomly, then the connection just needs to be cleaned. :doh: just incase anyone else is having this same issue

Back