Two Quick Question About A Diy That Im Doing..

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
1ST question pretty simple, i was wondering how i would remove the black trim right before your gauges (right above the steering wheel). I know theres two screws on the top, which i remove i pulled it and the bottom still a lil stuck, so i dont want to break it. So i rather be safe and ask u guys 1st before i pull it out....the diy for this im doing its painting it to match the exterior of my car

2nd question, carbon fiber question... i have carbon fiber splitters that i banged up and got alot of the clear coat scratch off. So i was thinking to add a couple coats of clear on it... i was just wondering should i sand off all the remaining clear coat off?? and if i do sand it off will it ruin the carbon fiber?? i was just going spray the clear coat on but that scratches and chips would still be seen right under the new coat of clear...so im unsure of sanding the clear dont want to rip or mess up the carbon fibers

Dracord

Reaction score
There are two of those plastic clips that also hold it in from the sides. You just have to give it a good yank to get them out. It's pretty much 50/50 on whether you break the tabs or not. I broke one of mine and it's still fine (secured by the screws)
13S840_B3710.gif

Doesn't really help since you can't see exactly where the clips are though

You would want to sand down to the bare layer of carbon fiber as to even it out. As for going about this, I'm not quite sure but someone else can chime in

SpiKeZ

Reaction score
1ST question pretty simple, i was wondering how i would remove the black trim right before your gauges (right above the steering wheel). I know theres two screws on the top, which i remove i pulled it and the bottom still a lil stuck, so i dont want to break it. So i rather be safe and ask u guys 1st before i pull it out....the diy for this im doing its painting it to match the exterior of my car

when you're taking this black plastic off, you should lower your steering column all the way down first, then grab the piece by the bottom, and pull directly out trying not to put strain on the bottom at a different angle. If you pull the whole trim out from the top or at an angle, one or both of the clips may break. when i did this one clip broke. i epoxied it back 4 times but every time i want to take the trim out again it breaks again

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
when you're taking this black plastic off, you should lower your steering column all the way down first, then grab the piece by the bottom, and pull directly out trying not to put strain on the bottom at a different angle. If you pull the whole trim out from the top or at an angle, one or both of the clips may break. when i did this one clip broke. i epoxied it back 4 times but every time i want to take the trim out again it breaks again

I broke one of the clips too, but since I always end up working more and more on my gauges, I didn't bother trying to reattach the clip (plus it still fits nice and snug without that one clip).

Back