type r lip mod for 01-02 coupe template

lltradell

Reaction score
So i modded a 98 sedan lip to fit my 02 coupe. First of all, the template was way off. Dunno what the deal was. i printed it on letter and legal. oh well. i just eyeballed the cut. took about 2 hours. With polyurathane i just used a heavy duty razor, which worked great, but used a hand saw for some parts. I think I cut too much off so the gap is kinda visible when up close but im happy with it.

mr. smith

Reaction score
^^^ i thought the template was for a 98-00 coupe lip to a 01-02 coupe, not sedan to coupe...

MoneyPit

Reaction score
So i modded a 98 sedan lip to fit my 02 coupe. First of all, the template was way off. Dunno what the deal was. i printed it on letter and legal. oh well. i just eyeballed the cut. took about 2 hours. With polyurathane i just used a heavy duty razor, which worked great, but used a hand saw for some parts. I think I cut too much off so the gap is kinda visible when up close but im happy with it.

Lol. Glad it worked out for you.

itzcharlie

Reaction score
Lol this is for 98-00coupe to 01-02 coupe ... Modding a sedan lip will require more cutting and is about an inch longer

twofast4u

Reaction score
ok im a bit confused about the template...Where do I put it to cut?

In the pick below...is that the right spot to put it? It seems that its a tad to short see the arrow.

Thanks!

photo-1.jpg

ILoveMyCG

Reaction score
ok im a bit confused about the template...Where do I put it to cut?

In the pick below...is that the right spot to put it? It seems that its a tad to short see the arrow.

Thanks!

photo-1.jpg

I think you might of gotten the wrong lip...make sure its the 98-00 coupe lip. The end should line up flushed.

BlackestCoupe

Reaction score
I think you might of gotten the wrong lip...make sure its the 98-00 coupe lip. The end should line up flushed.

I ended up having the same problem with the angling part, the curved part of the template fit almost flush but that straight line wasn't exact, so Im having my friend who does body work on the side put it on and paint it so it will be legit, pics when finished.

bigbearbe

Reaction score
So I am about to mount mine this weekend. Any advice? I plan on putting two bolts on the back part of the lip (attaches to the bumper between the wheel and fender). Putting alot of double sided mounting tape on the middle piece (the part that hangs onto the bumper). Any other bolts I should consider?

Siccsyde

Reaction score
I just got done printing this template for my type r coupe lip it is off a bit gonna clean up the template a bit so its a tighter fit

Back