type r lip mod for 01-02 coupe template

ILoveMyCG

Reaction score
Edit: sorry forgot to mention this mod is for the 98-00 coupe lip to 01-02 coupe. They fit more accurately for the mod.

Hello everyone to make things easier for those who want to mod the type r lip onto the 01-02 coupe bumper i've made a template for you to print out and use it as a guide to cut the lip.
After doing this mod several times for friends i've decided to make a template for them to cut themselves.
Well here it is...
4-25-2010114548AM.jpg

Print it out on a legal size paper and cut along the line then line it up along the ends of the center piece of the lip and draw along the curve edge. Some sanding and small shaving might be require depending on how clean you can cut it. Once you do one side just flip it and do the same for the other side. GL modding!

here is my results:

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_9514.jpg

IMG_9506.jpg

IMG_9508.jpg
IMG_9511.jpg

IMG_9503.jpg
IMG_9502.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/ilovemycg

Last edited:

lltradell

Reaction score
holy smokes batman, im getting my lip on tuesday and need to mod it. this will make guessing and cutting so much easier. ill let you guys know how it ends up tuesday night.

lltradell

Reaction score
Hello everyone i dont know if this was already done but to make things easier for those who want to mod the type r lip onto the 01-02 coupe bumper i've made a template for you to print out and use it as a guide to cut the lip.
After doing this mod several times for friends i've decided to make a template for them to cut themselves.
Well here it is...
4-25-2010114548AM.jpg

Print it out on a legal size paper and cut along the line then line it up along the ends of the center piece of the lip and draw along the curve edge. Some sanding and small shaving might be require depending on how clean you can cut it. Once you do one side just flip it and do the same for the other side. GL modding!

Does it have to be on legal paper? I only seem to get it on letter paper. is it really that long?

lltradell

Reaction score
Sorry, i got it to print on legal now. I guess if you guys do letter, itll auto shrink to fit. Ill let you guys know how it goes on Tuesday.

ILoveMyCG

Reaction score
you can try to print it on letter size but make sure it has no boarder.
When i installed my lip I lined up the edge about half an inch under the line that's already on the bumper so it would be straight and a tight fit.

http://tinyurl.com/ilovemycg

Back