Unorthodox Racing Stock Size Pulley

garebear911

Reaction score
oh, its the unorthodox Ultra Sc Crank Pulley. The guy that is selling is saying you get "mad hp gain" but i'm pretty skeptical. What supposedly does it do to give you any gains besides reduced weight?
thanks

garebear911

Reaction score
i did sum searching online and i can get it brand new for that price, so if i bought it i probably wouldnt buy it from him. but her is the specs from most sites.

UNORTHODOX RACING ULTRA SC CRANK PULLEY: ACCORD 94-02 (2.2L/2.3L)/PRELUDE 93-01 (2.2L)/CL 97-00 (2.
UDX-020610412
Product Features
Unorthodox Racing’s Ultra Series Pulleys increase performance because they underdrive all the accessories (15-20% more power), unlike accessory only kits out there that do not include the crank pulley. This means when the air conditioning is on, the crank pulleys give more power back to the wheels by not letting the air conditioning compressor rob as much power.

However, we do not push the amount or percentage of underdrive too far for two main reasons. First, it is important to keep charging systems, air conditioning, power steering, and water pumps moving fast enough for every day driving. Second, not much horsepower is gained from extreme underdriving. Unorthodox Racing keeps their underdrive percentage under 20%, which is what allows them to maintain factory specified outputs for all your accessories.

For most applications all of the underdriving is done at the crank pulley, not the accessory pulleys. This is done so maximum weight loss can be achieved at the crank where most of the horsepower gains are realized. The Ultra Series underdrive crank pulleys are available in polished aluminum finish.

* Lightweight 6061-T6 billet aluminum
* CNC machined to .001"
* Real HP & torque gains across entire RPM range
* Over 6 years of use in "real world" applications from street to road course to rally to dragstrip
* Better than OEM belt fitment & alignment
* The broadest range of applications available
* High quality polished & anodized finishes

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
See what I don't get is how there could be more stress on the engine with it... the engine gets the same amount of revolutions out of the lightweight pulley which in theory would mean the engine does not have to work as hard. I wouldn't get these just because no one has proven that their are significant gains by slapping these on.

Has anyone on the west coast ever talked to Bisi about the pulleys? he would most likely be able to clear this stuff up

SeanXtec

Reaction score
See what I don't get is how there could be more stress on the engine with it... the engine gets the same amount of revolutions out of the lightweight pulley which in theory would mean the engine does not have to work as hard. I wouldn't get these just because no one has proven that their are significant gains by slapping these on.

Has anyone on the west coast ever talked to Bisi about the pulleys? he would most likely be able to clear this stuff up

The stress comes in where you replace a pulley with a harmonic balancer with a pulley without a harmonic balancer. The HB basically dissipates harmful crankshaft vibrations.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
ive heard that the pulleys can put undue stress on other parts of the car, and that the power gains are negligable. im not 100% sure on this, but i remmeber reading that about them. ill do a search when i get home from my interview and see if i can help ya out, since ive been offered a set or two recently, and didnt really remember what exactly id read about em.

x2

i dont see why this one part will free up mass amounts of hp. it will help, but even if our cars will hold out with this install, i dont see why even try it. unless you are putting down some numbers, its just gonna be another mod that may or may not harm your engine in the near future.

id suggest you invest your money in another mod, if i may say so

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
I went with the AEM Pulley set instead. I don't know why I hear more negatives about UR than any other, but mainly from their harmonic balancer pulley. I WOULD NOT MESS WITH THAT PIECE.

With the AEM Pulleys I was spraying a 55 shot of wet nitrous and did 1 road course event with no problems. I'm attesting to the longevity and "worth" of an AEM Tru Pulley kit.

That's a negative on the UR.

silverbullet99

Reaction score
its just another one of those "all show, no go" mods. i know a dude who put one on his integra and said it didn't do **** except blow 2 oil pumps. its like taking your power steering out, if you really need 5 extra hp THAT bad, then your car ain't that fast.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
its just another one of those "all show, no go" mods. i know a dude who put one on his integra and said it didn't do **** except blow 2 oil pumps. its like taking your power steering out, if you really need 5 extra hp THAT bad, then your car ain't that fast.

Trust me, it's not. It gives minimal improvements when used alone, but on a boosted or built engine it will be noticable. Remember, all parts work well when used as a part of 1 system.

This is a all go and no show mod, who is going to see it.

Back