UPDATED: Evan's Quest for a J32 6MT 6GA

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Well got the motor on my cart/stand that we built today. Took off the upper timing covers and timing belt looks decent. Still going to change anyway.

cf247f6c11f7be281d91224aade4b370.jpg

cfcc5f2b9dc32bf8f92177188ce47c44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varnell

Reaction score
Different pin plugs. I had to buy an entire upper and lower dash harness just for the ecu plugs. If you have no luck finding a manual harness you could always get a standalone ECU.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Different pin plugs. I had to buy an entire upper and lower dash harness just for the ecu plugs.

Thank you for the quick response. How did the harness do plugging into everything else? I didn't know you could still buy harnesses for these cars.

Varnell

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response. How did the harness do plugging into everything else? I didn't know you could still buy harnesses for these cars.

I literally cut the plugs off within five minutes of it showing up on my doorstep. I later cut some wires out to keep the same colors from the Clutch Switch and FTP sensors. You could probably use it to wire heated CL seats and other things from a CL if you're interested in the dash swap.

I found it on eBay. I only found ones for the Auto (which is how I found out the ECU plugs are different). I asked the seller if, by chance, it could be for a manual since he was selling other CL-S parts. Turns out it was. lol

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
I literally cut the plugs off within five minutes of it showing up on my doorstep. I later cut some wires out to keep the same colors from the Clutch Switch and FTP sensors. You could probably use it to wire heated CL seats and other things from a CL if you're interested in the dash swap.

So I assume my best bet here is to buy one for myself too. I just remembered I'd have no way of wiring up a clutch with an auto harness

Varnell

Reaction score
Yea, I'd try calling junk yards you find through car-part.com. My engine/trans didn't come with a wiring harness. I guess most sellers assume these are being used as direct replacements, which means the dash harnesses are still around.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Yea, I'd try calling junk yards you find through car-part.com. My engine/trans didn't come with a wiring harness. I guess most sellers assume these are being used as direct replacements, which means the dash harnesses are still around.

This is true. I guess I'll start that search Tuesday. So I need a dash harness as well as an engine harness. Should of just bought a parts car lol

Varnell

Reaction score
This is true. I guess I'll start that search Tuesday. So I need a dash harness as well as an engine harness. Should of just bought a parts car lol

I know the feeling. Mine was missing all sorts of brackets. I had my shifter cables ziptied to the engine until I could find one. lol

Yea, the engine harness and technically just the lower dash harness if they'll sell you that one. Probably safer to buy both lower and upper in case they send you the wrong one. Or if you can find one in a junk yard just snip off the ecu plugs. lol

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
I know the feeling. Mine was missing all sorts of brackets. I had my shifter cables ziptied to the engine until I could find one. lol

Yea, the engine harness and technically just the lower dash harness if they'll sell you that one. Probably safer to buy both lower and upper in case they send you the wrong one. Or if you can find one in a junk yard just snip off the ecu plugs. lol

Yea, I go to the yards regularly and the only type S I found, I took the motor and the engine harness. That was an auto sadly. Could I use that upper dash harness?

Back