UPDATED: Evan's Quest for a J32 6MT 6GA

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Hopefully everything arrives while I'm home tomorrow. Don't know why I have to sign for it.

But now I'm trying to find some headers, before I hit a dent in these stock auto ones and call it a day.

I've heard mixed reviews on about every option out there.

Comptech and the old XS Power's are no longer made
SSAutoChrome I've heard is absolute junk and the inlets are smaller than stock
DC/Megan/OBX is all auto headers. I've heard of OBX headers being 6MT, but I can't find any for the life of me.

Anybody have any ideas?

phi1542

Reaction score
Hopefully everything arrives while I'm home tomorrow. Don't know why I have to sign for it.

But now I'm trying to find some headers, before I hit a dent in these stock auto ones and call it a day.

DC/Megan/OBX is all auto headers. I've heard of OBX headers being 6MT, but I can't find any for the life of me.

Anybody have any ideas?

Do exhaust shops do custom headers? They could fabricate you one I think

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Dang kinda crazy you can't find headers, this application isn't that unusual. Keeping an eye on j32a?

Varnell

Reaction score

Anybody have any ideas?

If I can get by the shop tomorrow I'll measure the inlets of the SSAuto/XS Power headers. Thanks for the reminder.

TurboAccord99

Reaction score

Anybody have any ideas?

The auto Comptech headers should work (according to responses from others) given that you use aftermarket mounts. I hope this is true as I will be using them with Innovative mounts. Used auto comptech headers may be easier to find.

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
If I can get by the shop tomorrow I'll measure the inlets of the SSAuto/XS Power headers. Thanks for the reminder.

There's a few pictures of the old and new XS on my post on FB

The auto Comptech headers should work (according to responses from others) given that you use aftermarket mounts. I hope this is true as I will be using them with Innovative mounts. Auto comptech headers may be easier to find.

I'm using innovative as well, so hopefully I can find a set of those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Well I got my big box today. I now have my J37 manifold, flywheel bolts, shift cable stay, various gaskets, and master and slave cylinders. Should be mostly everything. Will hopefully start the tear down soon. Need to take pictures of literally everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c8992b4deb047e2d3cdf4b69a338d4a8.jpg
11f3b2b69738adadf2c7260576c76209.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice. Wish I could find that IM setup used somewhere.

You and some friends are doing the swap?

Connie

Reaction score
Can't wait to see this get started, I'm planning on completing the same mission with mine and this thread is extremely helpful so far. Hurry up and finish!!!! Hahaha.

Back