Updates on my car.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Figured I would stop in and update everyone about my car. Some of you may know what happened but for those who don't here are the cliffs;

car had a mis-fire
came home pulled the plugs, checked them
started car, rev'ed to 3k to check for miss
timing belt broke
bent almost every valve
marred every piston
screwed up most of the valve seats

Ok, now for the update. After coming to the realization that the heads pretty much need to be re-machined, new set of valves & pistons more than likely I called around and got some estimates. Most fell into the $650-$750 a head for rebuilding. Debating for the last couple of days my options, I decided to just get a new engine. I found one at a local junkyard with 57k, 225 across all 6 cylinders, 90 day warranty for $800 out the door. Going to go and look at it tomorrow and make sure it's out of an 01-02 since I need a engine with DIS. If it is I'll pick it up and start the process tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully having it done by next Monday. Anyway those are the updates.

As for me not being around much it's a mixture of my car & family/personal issues that I'm dealing with.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Damn Darryl that sucks man, hopefully this motor will be what your looking for so you can put this crap behind you.. :thumbsup:

I4 CG5

Reaction score
Damn sorry to hear about the family/personal issues. Glad you found an engine for cheap though!

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Damn Darryl that sucks man, hopefully this motor will be what your looking for so you can put this crap behind you.. :thumbsup:
Yeah I hope so. The guy who was on the phone at the junkyard didn't know if it was DIS or not he just said it came up when he entered 2001 Honda Accord EX v6.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
damn darryl... good luck to u... hopefully u will have no motor problems after this :thumbsup:

nyknick1015

Reaction score
u should take mikes motor of his hand since he is building a 3.5 lol... although he has whored the shyt out of it lol

good luck dude

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Good luck Darryl. Good find on the motor. Didn't wanna go to a J32 or J35 while you were at it? :rolleyes:

Back