v6 exhaust?! help a newb out lol....

harleyd

Reaction score
When you see negligible you mean i shall see neither a loss nor a gain, and if i have the exhaust build a cat back should i just have them use same diameter pipe for exhaust, and so would it go cat,straight pipe,muffler, straight pipe, tips?

That's what he's implying, correct. I wouldn't recommend you go any larger than the stock piping which is 2.25, unless you plan on doing some intense mods to your vehicle and completely building your engine e.g new fuel rails,injectors,pistons,turbo etc.

Now it really depends on what you want/like when it comes to catback exhausts or a custom exhaust. If you like the big can type muffler on the end I would recommend the magnaflow. The magnaflow catbacks are pretty mainstream around here.

If you don't want a catback exhaust system and you like the smaller tipped mufflers and not the big can type exhausts you could purchase a vibrant or even a tanabe medallion hyper, or any muffler you want really and just have a shop weld it on for you the ones I mentioned are just common/popular and are of good quality. Since you would be purchasing just the muffler you would have to either delete your pre-mufflers yourself or have a shop do it for your desired sound .

bobby_go_bwahhh

Reaction score
i got a xierator in right now...im not sure i spelled it right...i just picked one out at the shop really tho i think u can only get me off ebay bc the site is for companies...its not too loud but just enough to satisify the ears its almost straight thru maybe 3 inches wide...sleeper lookin...doesnt sound ricey or like a fart can at all tho

Back