Viper Days at Virginia International Raceway (Pics..56K go read a book)

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
Re: Viper Days at Virginia International Raceway

Royana is a hater! no overnight decals!?

UPDATE: Dropped the car off at my mechanic, explained to him what I needed and then the event itself so he can prep my car the right way. I saw he got my EBC red brake pads. As far as rotors, they did not arrive but he is trying to get me either Brembo slotted or Brembo cross-drilled. I am putting the catalytic converter back-on just because (I know it is dumb because at a race track it is the one LEGAL place to throw on a cat) but I think overall I might want the back-pressure back. I am trying to have the car as "normal" as possible. We might do a fuel injection system cleaning. Rotation and balance are obviously getting done. I am going to have him inspect the car top-down to make sure it is in top notce condition. Motul synthetic motor oil change as well as Motul brake fluid flush. I also needed a new brake cylinder so that's finally going in.

Thank you every for your warm wishes. I appreciate it and I will definitely take pics. My mechanic is going to try to print a small window decal for the triangle window since this is a good chance for him to show off his company.

steadypimpin

Reaction score

sounds really cool. Have fun out there bro. What kind of engine mods have you done? Is your car that fast?

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score

No, my car is not fast at all. My sponsor always tells me it doesn't matter how fast of a car I want (I always tell him I want X, Y, Z car) because if you don't know how to race drive, you'll never make use of it. My car is a stock F23 with all bolt-on toys and a 5-speed gearbox with Fidanza and Exedy. Nothing spectacular. But as I mentioned, this is a big up in just car enthusiasm and learning how to really drive and race on an open track. My sponsor drives a SRT10 Dodge Viper. Check out www.viperracingleague.com and www.viperdays.com. They got some pretty sweet SRT4s out there too. I might come back home and grab one of those. (No bash).

truonghthe

Reaction score

Ok good luck, couple thing I want to say to you lol. First you could got a helmet way cheaper that that $300 price tag lol, I can hook you up with an HJC Brand new for only $85 with DOT stamped. Second to be hornest with your that EBC brake pad won't hold that long in the track, I ran on track before and you might need to change your pad prior to racing, general term call it "Racing Pad" According to what I know that pad gona stand against that heat and stress you gona put in that rotor during hard breaking, You should refil your car with high octance gasoline and refine your engine. Make sure you master the heel tole shifting technique during cornering since you got an MT, and finally you should tune your suspension (if its adjustable). I would love to see one of our 6th gen racing on a circut track lol, BTW I live near a track and they do offer racing lesson for $3000 you will drive a 05 Viper, 07 Vette Z06 ( some thing else also muscle car). And I been in that track with a 1988 Porchse 911 Turbo with some tuning lol (Although the car wasn't mine, the MC Donalds onwers' car lol aka my boss), it had been server years now but I remember I had a great time lol.

d1blet

Reaction score

Mmmm me so jealous

IMO, taking something like an Accord to the track and taking it to its limits is better then taking say...an STI to the same track and never discovering what happens when you push it over the limit. I personally think it builds up driving skills since you're in a slower car trying to catch up to a faster one. So good choice on taking your own car down and not getting in a Viper!

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score

No, my car is not fast at all. My sponsor always tells me it doesn't matter how fast of a car I want (I always tell him I want X, Y, Z car) because if you don't know how to race drive, you'll never make use of it. My car is a stock F23 with all bolt-on toys and a 5-speed gearbox with Fidanza and Exedy. Nothing spectacular. But as I mentioned, this is a big up in just car enthusiasm and learning how to really drive and race on an open track. My sponsor drives a SRT10 Dodge Viper. Check out www.viperracingleague.com and www.viperdays.com. They got some pretty sweet SRT4s out there too. I might come back home and grab one of those. (No bash).

i wanna see your car stripped, DOT tires in the trunk, 3 nitrous bottles and a full "Stig" uniform

nothing less and joo failz

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score

Thanks a lot guys. As far as the helmet issue I can find one for $150 dollars but the problem was shipping since I found out about the event almost last minute. The helmet needed to be a racing helmet not a motorcycle helmet, close faced, and Snell 2005. I agree that it would be fun driving a slower car than a faster car. The guy who is sponsoring me to go is going to be racing his SRT10 Viper there too. He always disagrees with me when I talk about nitrous, turbo, or supercharging. He does not like forced-induction because he says it upsets the balance of the car on the track (i.e. sudden build-up of boost-power), but then again he has 10 cylinders to play with. As far as driving and technique, like I said it is a race driving school so I will have classroom instruction where they will teach me the basics and techniques I need. They will answer and debunk any myths about driving, car performance, etc. I am leaving tomorrow around 7, so I will keep you guys updated. First hotel I am stopping in only have 56K, Savannah Inn FTW?

truonghthe

Reaction score

Ok they could be Arai too those also use by pro racers around the globe lol. But then again I glad you got pack up ang good luck don't let us down lol.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score

The rotors are PowerSlot slotted rotors with EBC red brake pads if anyone was interested in knowing.

pattywak

Reaction score

Wow bro, good luck with everything! way to rep 6ga!
I expect a full write-up complete with pictures and video upon your return.

That is all. :rock:

Back