Vss

capsidx

Reaction score
If the speedo works and youre getting a code then the ECU is most likely not getting the signal. My car has a chipped p28 with launch control and it wouldnt disengage. I couldnt figure out why because my speedo worked. Ended up figuring out that the ECU had no idea I was moving, once I hooked it up it worked. If you switched ECU's the pinouts might be different. What motor , ECU and CG do you currently have? Also is it auto or manual.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I have 98 4cyl just swapped to 5spd used a ecu from 98 also and I followed the wiring off a thread on here

604ACCORD

Reaction score
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?p=575130

I followed this exactly vtec did not engage at first and I got a vss code put in a new vss it seemed to work its hard to say car is not insured yet I’m only driving up the street and back but it feels like it is tho

capsidx

Reaction score
The pins should be right if the cluster is getting signal. Theres a 12 v, a ground and the sig wire which should be blue and white. Check the ecu pin for the signal. What you can do is take the VSS out of the trans and spin the gear. You can get the voltage to spike and see if the ECU pin is getting voltage. If not then theres the issue. If there is an issue with the VSS itself VTEC wouldnt engage and it would be jumping all over on the cluster. Especially when you start it, it will jump to like 40 and then just fall.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I kinds noticed the speedo won't work or it seemed it won't until it I'm rolling then it jumps up

It does work just seems at very low speed like under 20km

Last edited by a moderator:

capsidx

Reaction score
Theres a short in the ground or signal wire, try running a new set of wires, one to a black and yellow wire, one to any ground and one to the blue and white VSS signal wire and see if that fixes it. You dont have to get crazy and cut stuff up just peel a little back unless you want to check the wires all the way from the vss to the ECU.

capsidx

Reaction score
I ran a new wire from the VSS to the blue and white wire in the A plug and then branched that into the ECU and that solved all my problems.

Back