Walkin' In Memphis : Fall Meet 2013

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Derek, to meet them at 1:30ish, we would need to leave Ikea by 11:30. But if you get there earlier (like around 10 as you mentioned), there is a Bob Evans close by we could grab breakfast at if interested. And how low will your car be btw? I-75 has a lot of construction right now and it may be worth the jog over to I-71 and then head south.

Chris, I am still on the Yellow/Sportline setup, the rear is going to be raised up to the top perch, front is on the lower perch.

I don't think the car is that low, but, I can map out a route for the I-71 as well.

Just need to know what stretch of the I-71 to take.

I may take the opportunity to have a nap if I get there before the rest of you, lol. I'll have a cooler with some stuff in the car, so I will probably be fine without a breakfast stop.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Someone clue me in on how the hotels are working. You "booked" 20 rooms but we still have to call and reserve a room with the code or whatever in the OP...?

The hotel has blocked off 20 rooms for us, but you still need to book your room and make your official reservation.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Anyone planning on doing any work on their cars when we get to Memphis?

I was thinking of bringing some parts down that I'd like to get hooked up while I am there.

The main thing was getting puddle lights wired up.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
The hotel has blocked off 20 rooms for us, but you still need to book your room and make your official reservation.

The hotel is basically saying they are reserving the locations of the rooms that are close together. But yes, each person still needs to make their reservation.

I was thinking of bringing some parts down that I'd like to get hooked up while I am there.

Im bringing my tools and maybe some extra parts to try and get rid of. Would be happy to help though if you need a hand.

Oh, Im also bringing car cleaning supplies. I still have a collapsible hose from the last I.A. meet I haven't used yet. I pretty sure the hotel will let us hook it up.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Im bringing my tools and maybe some extra parts to try and get rid of. Would be happy to help though if you need a hand.

Oh, Im also bringing car cleaning supplies. I still have a collapsible hose from the last I.A. meet I haven't used yet. I pretty sure the hotel will let us hook it up.

Thanks, Daniel, will take you up on that offer.

Funny, I was washing the wife's ride yesterday, and I was thinking that we will probably want to wash our cars at some point, and that I would probably bring down my car cleaning supplies as well.

Not trying to see any of this, though, fellas.

GrownUps2-trailer-screenshot-8.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^haha

Gross.

Chris, I am still on the Yellow/Sportline setup, the rear is going to be raised up to the top perch, front is on the lower perch.

I don't think the car is that low, but, I can map out a route for the I-71 as well.

Just need to know what stretch of the I-71 to take.

I may take the opportunity to have a nap if I get there before the rest of you, lol. I'll have a cooler with some stuff in the car, so I will probably be fine without a breakfast stop.

We will still meet where we said off I-75, after that we’ll just jog over to I-71 and head south. You can follow me. But if you want to know in general, after we meet we’ll get take a couple backroads to I-275 East, then hop on I-71 South which takes us to L-ville. 75 and 71 merge just south of the city and are the same hwy for a little, then split off later, at which point we keep on 71.

Let’s just pick a time to meet at the Ikea then, you can let me know what that is. And I’ll eat before I meet up with ya.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
1130 at the Ikea as scheduled, is what I will aim for.

Anyone looking to split the cost of the room for the two nights, let me know(pm is fine).

I am booking asap.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Get outta here, Vlad.

:lawl:

Yes, 1:30 works. And in regards to the caravan location, yes you can easily meet us at a nice location. Waterfront Park would be ideal here, if possible because of the construction here as well. I will let you know with a definite answer tomorrow.

Also, I am very seriously thinking of buying wheel locks before this meet after what happened today. Any good recommendations?

Definitely want to avoid construction and crap roads/highways, also need meeting places to be easy to get to. If that park qualifies then let me know. Looking at the map though, there are two I-64’s that split off I-71? One of those a business route or something?

What happened with your wheels? For OEM wheels it’s either Honda locks or Gorilla, or others that have ball seating.

Month nothing- how about how many area codes?!

I don’t even know the guy, but he will be referred to as pimp daddy dillz.

:squintfinger:

I've been a maybe since day one. I've put in for the time off so now I play the waiting game.

You have that’s true.

Puddle lights are crucial. :lawl:

I don’t plan to do any work unless something is broken. :lawl:

I might bring some parts with me. I'll make a WIM FS thread.

A lot of us could be F'd if anything goes wrong, unless someone has a compact low profile jack haha. Don’t think there is such a thing.

Is the hose that one from the infomercials?

1130 at the Ikea as scheduled, is what I will aim for.

I will plan for 11:30am on 11/8.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You know how easy it is to misstep when getting in to an Accord.....those puddle lights will eliminate all that......:lawl:

Will have to see what I have that I want to bother bring down to sell.

I have a stock set of 98-00 tails........wonder if I can get rid of those???

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Definitely want to avoid construction and crap roads/highways, also need meeting places to be easy to get to. If that park qualifies then let me know. Looking at the map though, there are two I-64’s that split off I-71? One of those a business route or something?

What happened with your wheels? For OEM wheels it’s either Honda locks or Gorilla, or others that have ball seating.

I went to a carwash with my friends, and it drove fine there. I walked away from it for about 5 minutes, but it was locked and everything. I had noticed a group of 5th gens accords and an eg hatch just chilling my the vacuums. Biggest ricers I have ever seen, I was losing it. I guess they thought my car looked better or something, ( it did, lets be honest here) and loosened up one of my wheels. Couldn't prove it, but I never touched them before, and they don't just all of a sudden come loose like that. Luckily I didn't drive on it though. I thought it was them also because they were laughing while I was tightening the wheel up. And shouting profanities lol

Back