Want to detail my motor, any suggestions or pics??

allicedout

Reaction score
Hey guys I think with the new suspension and rims and lip next week i've done enough for now, i wanted to point my attention to the engine and make it look like its fit to eat off of. i want to start by giving it a wash. any suggestion on what way to do it. I don't want to screw up any of the electricals. My old minivan (2001 Mazda MPV) the dealer wouldn't even do an engine shampoo on it because it caused too many problems with the engine. Any help would be great. thanks

angelplus

Reaction score
well I have a local place called autobahn who does AMAZING detailing work on anything in your car. I think the places prices start at 150 for your engine, and they do a great job. My buddy went there and the car looked brand new. Seeing that he beat the **** out of it lol. Anyways, find a local place in your phone book, you're bound to find a place like that who does great work. If not, you can spend all the money you want on cleaning supplies. It's your choice.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
do it yourself... just needs time and lots of degreaser.... anyways, here's my DIY:

to clean the engine, just use Simple Green.... cover up all the elctrical components, spray on Simple Green and let soak for 15 mins... use a pressure washer, or a hose if u don't have a pressure washer, and wash off the engine... take off the plastic bags used to cover the parts, start the car up, close the hood and let the motor dry things up... pop the hood up again, and dry off any wet part... for the shiny hoses and stuff, u know wat to use

671CG5

Reaction score
Exactly!

That's the way I do mine.
-Spray the simple green.
-Let it sit for like 30 mins (or more depending on the amount of dirt.)
-Then wash it off with hose (would be better if you have a nozzle that has different modes like, shower, full on, mist etc.)
-*Optional* A simple pressure washer!
Then, there you go nice clean bay! :)

It should look somewhat like this...
I use simple green since day one on my bay!

IMG_0046.jpg

allicedout

Reaction score
671CG5 said:
Exactly!

-Spray the simple green.
-Then wash it off with hose (would be better if you have a nozzle that has different modes like, shower, full on, mist etc.)

IMG_0046.jpg

That looks absolutely MINT!!! Nice job!! thanks

99accordvtec

Reaction score
671CG5 said:
Exactly!

-Spray the simple green.

IMG_0046.jpg

that is so amazingly gorgeous.

99accordvtec

Reaction score
im actually really diggin the chrome valve cover too, and i hate chrome on hondas.

671CG5

Reaction score
99accordvtec said:
im actually really diggin the chrome valve cover too, and i hate chrome on hondas.

Thankyou. Im actually thinking of getting my valve cover powdercoated to GOLD! But we'll see!

Back