Warped head?? Need help asap

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
So i took my car in because i had a minor leak from one of the radiator hoses .... changed it then 2 days later another one goes but it seems to me that there all old and alot of build up but my mechanic said different ... he said that i have a warped head and that my car wont last no more than a month that the oil and water are mixing causing the hoses to bust because of all the pressure buildup.... theres no milky like oil on my dip stick or any type of smoke coming out the exhaust no CEL ..... can any one give me some advice whether or not to take the car else where and get it checked or am i totally stumped and have to change the clyinder head ????

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
You might want to try a "leak down" test first and look for bubbles in the cooling system in the case of a blown head gasket or warped head.

finch13

Reaction score
Time to find a new mechanic. The cooling system operates at about 15 psi. If your coolant or oil is not a milkshake texture and color, I wouldn't worry about a thing. Also, coolant leak around the head would indicate a bad head gasket.

Sent from my Nexus One

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
that exactly what i had thought .... if i have a so called warped head or blown head gasket then why is it that my oil/coolant is perfectly fine and no mixture has occured yet ? i just dont know ..... what my concern is the radiator hoses that they were replaced ... mechanic said there gonna keep expanding and ending up cracking... any reason why radiator hoses will keep blowing ?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
r u using the correct clamps to tighten them down? just throwing this out there cuz sometimes its always the simplest things that can fix a big problem.

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
well i really do believe they didnt put the clamps on period on a lil hose behind the IM because the old one still had the clamps on when they showed it to me which caused leakage and i believe thats y the car would heat up when in idle they fixed that today but now a WARPED HEAD ? ....i just dont know if its safe to drive the car after what there tellin me about a warped head .... is there any more suggestions or tips i could use to diagnose if i really do have to worry about this now

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
A warped head? :rly:

Just a mechanic desperate to charge you 1k to fix the issue. If you clamp hoses too tight they will start to crack prematurely at the clamp.

Also, there is on super super super super super duper rare occasions headgaskets go bad and leak combustion pressure into the water galleries in your engine, thus making its way through the coolant system. But at that time, your overfill resovoir would be spitting coolant like a blue whale. Also you would notice white smoke like your burning water...and it would smell real sweet like sugar water.

I think your fine, just some bad hoses or your tightening them down too tight. You can tell when the clamps are starting to dig into the hose that they are too tight.

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
phewwww thats a good sign of relief :Smoker: any one else have any other advice on how i could possibly have a warped head or its just a crappy mechanic tryna make a buck ? its the weekend and i plan on taking out my baby but i dont want to worsen any problems so your feed back is greatly appreciatied

F23A1AT

Reaction score
If the head is warped there isn't much you can do now. I personally drove my car with a severely warped head for 2k+ miles. Best thing to do would be to perform a leak down test and watch your oil to see if it begins to look like yoo-hoo.

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
I Hope for your sake you don't have a warped head. I took mine to a machine shop and it needs to be decked. Four passes on the milling machine taking i guess .01 or .001 of an inch each time. That's $60 each pass too. Ended up not fixing the oil in coolant problem. There must have been a tiny minute undetectable crack in the block somewhere and since oil pressure is greater than coolant pressure it leaked thru.

Back