Warped rotors?

dreamliner77

Reaction score
I got my Accord (2000 ULEV) with 102k on it. It needed a brake job, obvious warped rotors. I replaced fronts myself with white box rotors from Advance and Wagner ThermoQuiets, rear were fine. I got 50k out of this combo but also suffered from warped rotors for the last 5k or so. I let a local shop do the next job, all 4. I have no idea what they put on but 12k later I'm suffering from warped rotors again.

Anyone have any idea what may be causing this warpage? Shop says front end looks fine. Could it be that OEM/White Box just isn't enough?

CyrusSaurusRex

Reaction score
I don't think you're brake problems are a result of rotor warp. I remember reading a forum discussing our brake systems and many said that the accords are a little flawed in this department from factory. Most of the time if I recall correctly people said they felt spongy and unwilling to really be used. For my accord, air kept leaking into the resevoir via faulty cap/rear bleeder screws resulting in a very noticeable shaking of the car/steering wheel when braking downhill.:banghead: Try double, even triple checking your fluid resevoir, the calipers and your actual lines to make sure everything is good and tight.

dreamliner77

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. Any tips for tests for this? I have no problem doing a standard brake job but I've never really had to trouble shoot the system.

Roadrage

Reaction score
I would say check the calipers as well, have you thought about upgrading your brake lines to from oem to the steel braided ones? I did that and I havnt had any issues with my brakes. but hey that's just my .02

dreamliner77

Reaction score
I would say check the calipers as well, have you thought about upgrading your brake lines to from oem to the steel braided ones? I did that and I havnt had any issues with my brakes. but hey that's just my .02

I haven't thought about that. I've kept everything 100% stock.

Just a thought, would brake fluid age/condition have an affect on this? I'm not sure the fluid has ever been changed.

Back