Water Spots, i hate them.

lwlba

Reaction score
though i've never done this myself, but a friend did his by mixing vinegar and water then wiped it down and wash it right after. rewax. obviously the acidity is suppose to neutralize the basic elements in the water spot.

i never tried it myself cuz claybar polish and wax worked for me, and i didn't quite like the idea of having anything w/ low ph on my car...

xx24xx

Reaction score
If you have no experience with wetsanding and pollishing auto paint I recommend you find a quality detail shop. Using a claybar should have done the trick. Sounds like the problem is a severely blemished clear coat. Wet sanding will get rid of all that, then polish to shine like new.

Auto glass companies carry water spot removers for the windows. I like to use a ceramic scouring pad to help with abrasion.

You seriosly use Windex? I hope you don't use the one with ammonia!!! I like Stoner's Invisible Glass. Don't use it on emblems or trim. They are plastic with paint. Just get some big super absorbing microfiber towels and dry from the roof down. Washing in direct sunlight is fine provided your paint is cool to the touch. Heat speeds up the drying process thus creating water spots. A quick tip is to take off the water nozzle and let the water run over your paint when your done washing, creating a sheeting effect.

RainX works great. It helps visibility when it rains and solves waterspot problems.

750chop

Reaction score
use a new razor blade on windows, on the paint, do NOT wash it in the sun, even 20 dollar a bottle car wash will spot if you wash it in the yard on a sunny day. clay bar, plenty of quick detailer to lubricate it put your a** into it use a top shelf polish then wax and it'll come out nice.

00hondaccord

Reaction score
i got water spots on my windows ive tried everything but nothin works...the only thing i cud think of is getting new windows

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things you can try:

-Vinegar mixed with water. I tried it and it works but left that vinegar smell even after a good wash afterwards.
-Claybar ( on sale @ Pepboys or Amazon)
-Meguiars ColorX
-Duragloss Water Spot Remover
-Danase Water Spot Remover

If you get water spots often. Using a sealant product after will help get rid of future water spots easier.
-Ultima Paint Guard Plus
-Finish Kare FK1000 ([email protected] Attn: Leda ... I recommend picking up FK425 quick detailer too, best QD I have tried)
-Optimum Opti-Seal

Last edited:

kurtage77

Reaction score
like many have said already
claybar! then of course polish and wax
I actually just did this because i was getting so annoyed from all the water spots.
You're gonna wanna set aside a day for this, but it is definitely worth it.

Theory208

Reaction score
A water spot is a calcium deposit, isn't it? If it is, then use CLR, no don't do that, seriously.

Last edited:

OneLoud00Accord

Reaction score
I didnt even know water spots were a serious issue... I always wash in the sun to get a little tan and never have issues and i have dark paint... When im done washing I hit the whole car with water then squeegie the windows and chamois the body, then use spray detailer with a microfiber cloth.

trickmandung

Reaction score
I tried using the vinegar trick once on my black integra, and it helped quite a bit. I did polished it right after though to get rid of the left overs.

Good luck!

Back