What do you think???

mouserace2010

Reaction score
Make sure it's not burning oil. If the tranny is going bad, then it may need to be replaced. the I4 manual transmissions are very strong, especially with an aftermarket clutch and flywheel. V6 transmissions are FAIL any way you look at them.. They are always AUTO, unless you swap a 6-speed in from an Acura.

I4 manual = good (very reliable)
I4 auto = worse
V6 auto = bad

Good info!

98acclude

Reaction score
I found this other accord.99 4dr I4 MT. We test drove it and there were no odd sounds. But I heard a rattle coming from the glove compartment with the A/C on high but not on low. I had this similar problem when I changed the A/C filter on my Mom's Ody with the Fram Arm and Hammer one. It shifted smoothly and the engine seemed to idle fine. When I looked at the exhaust pipe, there seemed to be a black oily residue but it was not an overwhelming amount. I think its with the age of the car and it didnt look like there was smoke coming from the exhaust. Brake pads and axles are new and it has 170,000. Its priced at $3700.My friend is insisting that I get a mechanic to look at it, but Im itching to buy it because with the mechanic inspection me and the seller are having scheduling conflicts. Has any1 tried the used car inspection from Midas. Since the VA state inspection is new(6/11) what are the odds that this car is a lemon? I think for that price, even if there is a minor problem, I will still be getting a good deal. How long do clutches wear out on these cars? Also, I saw some white spots on the engine block and the alternator. someone told me that it could be battery acid. Is that true? Its like water was splashed on it and just dried up. Overall the condition of the car is like new. Carfax is clean and it was garage kept. Hopefully if this goes through, I will be a member of this forum for a long time.

does it have a bluish or greenish tent to it? if so check around the hoses and make shure you're not leaking anti freeze... might just need a new hose or another hose clamp... my hose clamp wasnt staying tight so I kept having little blue green dots every where on the block n stuff... then I gotta better clamp and never had the issue again.

98acclude

Reaction score
it's probably the same stuff... it ends up making a white spot on things kinda like old tooth paste... lol but I'd say just check around your hoses n stuff just to double check.

fallout09890

Reaction score
Im having it professionally inspected. Just to make sure. But if its that minor, then I think its worth fixing it, considering the deal Im gonna get

Back