What is up with the new ads?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Lol. I just can’t stand when people buy a Prius and think they’re saving the planet. If you want to buy one because you want to get better mpg and use less of your money for gas, then fine, I’m okay with it. It’s when people don’t realize how expensive it is to make, and how much the production of merely the batteries alone would cause more harm to the earth than any normal car ever would in its lifetime.

Those batteries have to have raw materials extracted, combined, refined, made safe, and transported between all those stages, which means shipping halfway around the planet. Any good the car does after it’s sold, is completely outweighed by what happened before it was made.

Then on top of that, they're still only half electric.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
The biggest problem is that phones dont have ad-blocking software. I'll use the dark_vb style on my phone until the ad links in posts are removed.

Brad2274

Reaction score
The biggest problem is that phones dont have ad-blocking software. I'll use the dark_vb style on my phone until the ad links in posts are removed.

why do you think theyll be removed? somehow they make someone money, so i doubt theyre going anywhere lol

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Our forum is supported by ads as well as member donations. The ads that are normally on the page are usually confined to frames and have to do with the content of the site, normally car parts and the like. This current batch of hotlinks within posts and the site itself (ie, not confined to frames) are very intrusive. Even mousing over one of the highlighted words will cause a frame to pop up. Cody, the owner of the site, has always been cool about keeping the forum experience one that is focused on the members and content of the site and not one that is focused on selling ad space. I know that most people don't mind the ad frames when browsing on a mobile device, but the hotlinked ads within the website have got to go.

Back