What sensor is this?

6GHonda

Reaction score
I swapped my motor this week and a green sensor that is attached to the back of the engine broke. Does anyone know what it is? I would like to find out before I button everything up because it's a little hard to get to. Any help is appreciated.

Ps. I swapped an f23a1 for an f23a1. I will try to upload a couple of pics with the sensor in the block and out of the block.

Sent from my GS3 using tapatalk

6GHonda

Reaction score
it is right above the oil filter next to another sensor covered in a black sleeve. I am having trouble uploading pics. Let me try to upload pics through another site.

6GHonda

Reaction score
Appreciate all of the help. Quick question. When the knock sensor goes bad, what happens to the car?

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Appreciate all of the help.

I think many people and even shops accidentally break it off when swapping engines and end up replacing it, so dont feel too bad. Just DON'T run the car without fixing it first.

If you still have your old motor...just take it from there and put it on the current one you're going to use.

6GHonda

Reaction score
reason i ask is because the shop i took my car to, to diagnose the problem told me i had a broken timing belt. I took off the ccasing and the belt is not broke. The sensor was broken when i pulled the motor though.

001Stunna

Reaction score
reason i ask is because the shop i took my car to, to diagnose the problem told me i had a broken timing belt. I took off the ccasing and the belt is not broke. The sensor was broken when i pulled the motor though.

If you checked the belt yourself and its not broken, seems like that is one whack shop then. If i was you i'd call them up and request the labour fee back as it seems they probably didn't even check the belt and just threw words in the air.

Did the shop swap the engine over? Was the car running before and then the sensor broke or...?

6GHonda

Reaction score
They dost charge me nothing for diagnostics. They said I have no compression (which is true) and the belt is broke (which is not true). Anyway, I bought another motor and during the swap I noticed the sensor was broken. I called them back and they said I probably spun a bearing because the motor turns but don't start and I have no compression.

Sent from my GS3 using tapatalk

Back