What sensor is this?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
find a new shop. that place sounds pretty shaddy. the sensor you broke is the knock sensor. I haven't been running one for two years and I'm boosted. drive it without at your own risj though as the car is designed to have it.

001Stunna

Reaction score
find a new shop. that place sounds pretty shaddy. the sensor you broke is the knock sensor. I haven't been running one for two years and I'm boosted. drive it without at your own risj though as the car is designed to have it.

I may be wrong, but wouldn't running without one mean the ECU will keep trying to advance timing and not know when pinging/detonation occurs to slightly retard it for that 'sweet spot' zone...hence possibly resulting in engine damage (pistons, plugs, head gasket etc. getting damaged due to trying to maintain and compress a fuel/air mix that is already expanding as it burns prematurely)

Last edited:

6GHonda

Reaction score
I read somewhere that a boosted motor doesn't need it because the ecu is programmed (chipped) differently from stock. I could be wrong as well. I went ahead and ordered on from eBay so I should get it in this weekend. Hopefully my axles will be here as well so I can get my baby on the road.

Sent from my GS3 using tapatalk

Back