What would you do??? Accord vs. Money/Fixing...

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
if u are like meh eith the 6ga then get somthin u really want, if the 6ga is somthing u like and really wld wanna keep then there is no reason not to fix her

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Go through insurance. Just tell them you were parked somewhere, came out and the dent was there. Just make sure the place you tell them that you parked doesn't have cameras in the lot. They should rule it a no fault and it'll fall under comprehensive. Which shouldn't raise your insurance.

I am sure I can get away with that but insurance fraud is a really bad thing if I got caught so I am either going to pay out of pocket of go through insurance.

Dude definitely fix your car. It's nearly a 1-owner, with very low miles and in excellent shape. It really wouldn't make sense to let it look beat up, whether you keep it (you'd have to ride around with the dent) or not (hard to sell a car with noticeable damage). If money is an issue, just save for a bit and do it a few months down the road.

That's the conclusion I came to. I can afford to do it but it's going to hit me in the pockets hard. It's not a 200,000 mile car, it's otherwise very clean for it's age, low miles, 5 spd, etc. I am going to get some quotes today or tomorrow and see if I can make it happen without insurance but I am doubtful.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
u pay $1000 to get the value of the car up by $1000... tht's breakeven imo.. just need to consider "other" costs like downtime, etc

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Good decision. Still got the Jag?

Yeah, it's just sitting though. I bought a GM alternator kit that doesn't fit so it's been down since then. Not sure what to do, I probably need to replace the motor mounts for the bracket to fit (it relocates it) as well as have a bung welded to my oil pan. Or, I can buy a OEM alternator, which is only slightly cheaper than this whole discussion lol.

It's a lifetime project though, it doesn't matter when it gets done, it just will always stay with me. It is owned by only one family (my Grandpa, my dad, and myself) who ironically have the same first and last name. It a car I can truly say I plan to keep forever.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Sooo, my insurance told me that if I don't go over $750+ my deductible, my insurance remains unaffected. I was able to get a quote from a shop recommend to me for $1,100 out the door but he didn't have a car on hand for me to look at. I went to the place I would ideally choose for a bit over $1,400. I just can't roll with dents. Lucky for me, I have one small scratch on my door which they will need to fix to blend. I will have it back in about a week.

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
yay im glad you revived it. =)
i went through similar situation. got into accident and my hood bumper and fender was gone. i did not want to go through insurance because in toronto, it sky rockets. costed me $2100 out of pocket =( couldn't let her gooooo...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Got my biatch back today. I am really glad I choose to fix it. It actually had no effect on my insurance rate because my insurance doesn't change unless they have to pay more than $750.

My dad was nice enough to lend me his car so I was rolling his S2000 this week. I washed the top, waxed it, and did my best on the wheels, treatment it never gets from my pops. I actually did it twice as I want him to see how nice his car can be when he gets home. Just a thank you and a happy fathers day thing.

The bad, there is atleast 2 flaws. First, they pulled the quarter panel and the body line is slight off for about 1 in. I am sure nobody else would no it. Then there is a slight imperfection on my A pillar. Small again, nobody would notice but me. Lastly, I can't tell as I picked my car up as dusk started to fall but the blend may be pretty off. Hopefully I will see different in the sun. I may have to go back but at least it is 90% there. It's always hard dealing with body shops because it seems like even the best always have minor things. It's a Honda though. I have a warranty though.

Back