What'd you do to your accord today?

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Yea 1656 will always be there...I have a 0131 I cant for the life of me figure out. Im hoping its a fried circuit in the ECU, because thats the last idea I have...I've run out of trip permits and its sitting at a dealership. I've been driving a rental the last 2 weeks :(

If replacing my PCM (ecu) doesnt fix my problem, I'll be selling one of them, you want it?

Also, whats a conditional pass?

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Failed my e-test.

Probably in the same category as you, Chris.

Already talked to Judy....will be undertaking getting a conditional pass to get my sticker.......#livingtheJ-swaplife

I know of a place in oakville where they can bypass the ecu for emissions. Let me know if you're interested.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yea 1656 will always be there...I have a 0131 I cant for the life of me figure out. Im hoping its a fried circuit in the ECU, because thats the last idea I have...I've run out of trip permits and its sitting at a dealership. I've been driving a rental the last 2 weeks :(

If replacing my PCM (ecu) doesnt fix my problem, I'll be selling one of them, you want it?

Also, whats a conditional pass?

I will let you know about the ECU, but unless I do a certain 'mod', I don't think I new ECU will fix the problem.

I am pretty sure I know what the fix is, just a matter of doing it.

A 'conditional pass' means you can get your sticker, but you can't sell the car unless you fix the issues with it. You have to pay $450 towards the fix to get the conditional pass.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Sounds like my 1456 (fuel vapor leak), can’t figure it out

Sucks you can’t drive your car.

What year and model is the ECU for that you might sell? Part of me wonders if my vapor leak is actually fixed but since I had it so long that circuit got burnt and that’s why it won’t go away now.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
What year and model is the ECU for that you might sell? Part of me wonders if my vapor leak is actually fixed but since I had it so long that circuit got burnt and that’s why it won’t go away now.

That would probably work out better, I'm thinking the ECU's he has are for the 6spd, not the auto Type S.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Im using an auto tl-s (37820-PXG-A52), and replacing with the same p/n...

That is the exact same ECU I have as well.

They had to re-pin something with mine, which makes me think the engine harness MAY not be a Type S one. The mechanic was saying the harness and ECU didn't match up, which was the reason behind re-pinning.

I am more than certain I can get the conditional pass, which will allow me to get my sticker, I can live with the CEL.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
That is the exact same ECU I have as well.

They had to re-pin something with mine, which makes me think the engine harness MAY not be a Type S one. The mechanic was saying the harness and ECU didn't match up, which was the reason behind re-pinning.

I am more than certain I can get the conditional pass, which will allow me to get my sticker, I can live with the CEL.

Mine was repinned also, along with everyone else that I've talked to using the auto harness/ecu and richie module combo.

Back