What'd you do to your accord today?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That's what the Mazda3 has!!!!! :madrun:

Ah lol. I hate cars that have those, you can scuff the paint, get gas on the car, etc. Thought you meant it had nothing at all, at least then you could put the cap on the ground or on top of the pump.

How hard is it to add a simple convenience item like a cap holder? It just make sense to have something as functional as that, don't understand why any car wouldn't have a simple convenience item like that. It just defies logic.

And Mazda says their cars are for enthusiasts. :rolleyes:

I got a canadian lx and it doesn't have one :eek:

Someone on here is currently selling a cap holder.

@Chris/Kevin, that makes absolute sense, have the gas covered cap, rub against the car's clearcoat while you fill up, rather than have a place for it to sit out of the way while you fill up.

Yep. Sometimes I just think about how a conversation would go between a Mazda R&D team and one of us.

Mazda R&D Team: "So..what do you think of the 3?"
Me: "Well, let me answer your question with a question... What, exactly, were you thinking when you decided NOT to put something as simple and convenient as a gas cap holder on this car?"
Mazda R&D Team: ".................cost savings?"
Me "I think we're done here."

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Gas cap is too much of a technological 'stretch'.

Mazda gave you Auto driver/passenger windows, what more do you want.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but my LX sedan even has one. Yay for me, I never thought they were that special haha. Helpful though.

YouJelly?

Oh and Chris, you planning to get a TL/CL strut bar soon?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I think the only thing worse than not having a gas cap holder is having the cap attached to a plastic “cord” that forces you to let the cap hang on the side of the car after unscrewing it.
My wife's Rav has this, but it also has the little holder on the back of the door.

Since mine has the thing on the back of the door, I assumed it was standard...why would they even waste time making multiple gas cap doors?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Omfg. Browsing craigslist and found a neuspeed strut bar for $35!!!!!!!!! And two Greddy Evo mufflers for $50!!!!

Called up the guy he didn't answer hope he calls me back.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Oh and Chris, you planning to get a TL/CL strut bar soon?
Will give you two guesses. The first clue is Heck. Yes.

I think so Stephen. Though I’m not sure it’s worth it since I have the Neuspeed and the two elbow strut tower bars. But like I said, you can never have too much rigidity working for you, lol. Gonna check out the link you posted that has it for $53 shipped. Is that where you got it from?

If I do get it, I probably won’t notice as much difference as you did since you had nothing there before, and I already have the Neuspeed bar.

Omfg. Browsing craigslist and found a neuspeed strut bar for $35!!!!!!!!! And two Greddy Evo mufflers for $50!!!!

Nice find!

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Bought it both for $75, but going to sell the exhaust system. He had all the pipings also, the y pipe just has a dent.

Bax

Reaction score
You should pick up an EX gas lid then.
Or just go to a junkyard and if you find one take it. lol

How hard is it to add a simple convenience item like a cap holder? It just make sense to have something as functional as that, don't understand why any car wouldn't have a simple convenience item like that. It just defies logic.
When I was looking for one, I actually came across a thread where people were taking the plastic inserts (not sure if from our car, or another car but they looked the same) and attaching them to the back of their gas doors. Sounds like an easy mod with some jb weld or something like that, then just paint it.

My wife's Rav has this, but it also has the little holder on the back of the door.

Since mine has the thing on the back of the door, I assumed it was standard...why would they even waste time making multiple gas cap doors?
I'm not sure if they made different doors, but I know it's just that black plastic insert that is missing on some cars. I have no clue why, but I know numerous people who have had to go get one, or never had one. My old lx v6 just had the metal frame of it on the inside of the gas door, but no insert. When my car was totaled I took the insert out, because I just knew my new 6ga wouldn't have one either. And of course, it didn't. :lawl:

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Or just go to a junkyard and if you find one take it. lol

When I was looking for one, I actually came across a thread where people were taking the plastic inserts (not sure if from our car, or another car but they looked the same) and attaching them to the back of their gas doors. Sounds like an easy mod with some jb weld or something like that, then just paint it.

I'm not sure if they made different doors, but I know it's just that black plastic insert that is missing on some cars. I have no clue why, but I know numerous people who have had to go get one, or never had one. My old lx v6 just had the metal frame of it on the inside of the gas door, but no insert. When my car was totaled I took the insert out, because I just knew my new 6ga wouldn't have one either. And of course, it didn't. :lawl:

Mine has no insert...just the metal :lawl: still holds the cap just fine. Wife's RAV is just metal as well.

Back