What'd you do to your accord today?

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
Yesterday it rained 7-10 inches here in TN and I knew it was going to be a test for this leak I have had over the past 2 weeks. I noticed a really small puddle under my floor mat trays a couple weeks ago, but yesterday it hit the fan.

Here are a couple of shots from the water standing under my trunk/gas release.
null_zps0f88af19.jpg

null_zps8ff8af80.jpg

It took 5 big towels to soak it all up.
I ended up taking apart all the flooring and the padding to find out where it was coming in at. I had read before about the sunroof drain/tube coming loose and spilling out into the car,but I didn't see it unplugged at all. I brought my wife out to pour water onto the sunroof just to make sure and found out that it was connected fine but the hood release cable underneath the tubing drain was leaking inside the car. I went underneath the front drivers side tire and pulled back the undercarriage to find the sunroof drain. Once I had found it I noticed that the hood release cable had a hole/cut in the rubber sealing. I ended up putting some rubber silicone all the way around it and retried the pouring on the sunroof. It Fixed the leak.

Needless to say I will need a carpet cleaning and a refresh now, but just thought I would share this since I know some others are having the same problem.

Also got my Old school Yakima Fairing yesterday as well. Now I'm just waiting on my roof rack to get here. :D

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Barely started this morning and even worse after work. And even worse again at the gas station :lawl:

Time for a new battery. Hasn't been changed in roughly 3 years nearest I can tell.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of replacing my upper coolant hose by the side of the road. When your AC stops working, look at your temperature gauge quick.

Back