Wheel bearing?

danw77

Reaction score
I just bought my 2nd Accord (2001 LX). I am having a problem with it pulling to the left and I occasionally get a humming sound from the left front. I'm assuming it's the bearing, but haven't been able to confirm it. I have new tires with a fresh alignment, and I am getting the same symptoms as before the tires/alignment. Any ideas before I tear into the hub?

Assuming it is the bearing, I'd like to tackle this myself. Do I need to press out the bearing, or can I buy the whole hub assembly? I've looked for it, but can only find it for the rear. Finally, does anyone know of a good wrtite-up on doing the bearing? Thanks. BTW, I need to get this fixed ASAP... this weekend at the latest.

Last edited:

Snoobly

Reaction score
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/d...acementQQWheel_HubQQ19982002QQREPH283708.html
here is a hub. I've never replaced that though. not sure what it requires. I've replaced a couple wheel bearings though.
for replacing those, i took the whole arm into a shop and had them press the bearing in for me. saved me about $150 bucks. 50 bucks for the bearing and another 50 for them to press it in.
to remove the who assembly arm, you're gonna have to take off the axle nut, the tie rod arm, upper control arm, lower control arm, and your brake caliper... I think that's everything to remove it.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
It would require you to have them pressed out it different from the cb and cd chasis where you could remove it by hand :peek:

danw77

Reaction score
i was hoping i could buy the hub with the bearing already pressed in... on my jeep, they're unit bearings and the whole thing can be replaced without messing with the bearings. oh well.

anyone know of a writeup? i don't have a repair manual on hand.

Snoobly

Reaction score
yeah that's how we did my cousins cavalier too. that is rather handy. But i don't believe its possible with our cars.

just google wheel bearing replacement on Honda Accord 2000 or something. There is something on Ehow and Youtube has videos.
It's rather straight forward though. Disconnect everything holding the whole knuckle assembly on the car, slide it off the axle and take it into the shop to get it pressed in.

Back