When it rains, it pours.. right?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Some of you have been wondering where I ran off too since I pretty much disappeared off the face of this earth for a longggg time. For awhile I had a job and I was simply too busy to even think of coming online, 7 months ago I got laid off, got into that **** the world mood and just laid low for awhile. Recently things started to look up, the G/F was accepted into a CNA class, my job was telling me I'd be hired back any day (which they never did) etc.. so that is pretty much why I've been gone besides the hatred I have for my car..

So here is where it starts the vicious cycle yet again.. Last Tuesday I was taking my G/F to her clinical @ 4am in the morning, about 1 mile from the destination my tire decides to blow, wonderful. I had the spare, but I had forgotten to put the jack back into the trunk, along with the necessary tools. Called up a buddy, he picked me up, drove me back home to get the tools, went back got the spare on. Got her to clinical about an hour late (thank god her teacher was understanding). On my way home, my other tire decides to blow as well. 2 spares? yeah no car comes with 2, so I'm stuck on the side of the road (no cell phone g/f took it) from about 6am till noon (awesome) Finally someone decides to stop and offers me a ride back home. Get home, grab one of the rims from my snow set, get back to the car and put it on. Started heading home yet again.. notice a massive clanking/clunking/whatever sound & the car is pulling so hard I can't keep it on the road... pull over to find out my driver side coil over is bent, end links broke, sway bar is bent & to top the cake the castle nut off the tie rod went by by as well. So here I am on the side of the road pretty much in tears in pure frustrations because I'm broke, no job, unemployment ended.. what the hell am I to do..I end up walking about 6 miles off the highway to the closet place I could find that would let me use a phone. I call every towing company I can find in the yellow pages hoping one of them could help me (with no money... not easy) mostly got hangups but one did finally agree to tow me home (thank god).. so now my car sits in the driveway completely fubar. If all that isn't bad enough, me and the G/F have been hoofing it 5 miles @ 3am every weekday morning to catch the local "bus" on time which is a transit system that picks people up in small towns like mine and get them to the "big city" 35 miles away.

So yeah I believe the whole when it rains it pours phrase.. cause I'm living it right now. I just feel like finding the highest cliff and taking a jump.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Good to see you back Darryl despite your current situation. Life seems to throw us curve balls all the time, but of all people I know you'll pull through this just like you have in the past. Might be time to get rid of your curse. Mine has been in the body shop about 39 times since you left the last time, lol.

Best of luck buddy, and again I'm glad to see you back. :thumbsup:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Man that sucks dude, welcome back to the site though!

I don't know if its the same for you guys but in Nj you can restart your unemployment claim once your account balance reaches zero. Might want to look into that

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Wow man, I feel like I just ****ing got on the other end of that hell with career issues, relationship issues, totaled car and just plain F it attitude. I can definetly relate. Sounds to me like you should just sell the damn car and put some of the money towards a cheap car, but then again it's your life.

Hope everything turns around for you man.

ActNow

Reaction score
Times are definitely hard these days and then to have all those issues with your car at one time is pure crap. I sympathize but no matter what happens its never worth taking your own life. I tell myself things could always get worse than they are. All you can do is try to live this life the best you can. I hope in time good changes will happen for you.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Man that sucks dude, welcome back to the site though!

I don't know if its the same for you guys but in Nj you can restart your unemployment claim once your account balance reaches zero. Might want to look into that
UNfortunetly unemployment says I didn't qualify for that. I've been a Home Care Worker for the past 5 years, but thanks to the lovely union I belonged too and the way they paid me I didn't make enough quarterly to qualify.
Good to see you back Darryl despite your current situation. Life seems to throw us curve balls all the time, but of all people I know you'll pull through this just like you have in the past. Might be time to get rid of your curse. Mine has been in the body shop about 39 times since you left the last time, lol.

Best of luck buddy, and again I'm glad to see you back. :thumbsup:
It's nice to be back. Just been so down lately figured I'd get on the old sites get some support.
Wow man, I feel like I just ****ing got on the other end of that hell with career issues, relationship issues, totaled car and just plain F it attitude. I can definetly relate. Sounds to me like you should just sell the damn car and put some of the money towards a cheap car, but then again it's your life.

Hope everything turns around for you man.
I hope it turns around soon, cause it's not getting any better.
Times are definitely hard these days and then to have all those issues with your car at one time is pure crap. I sympathize but no matter what happens its never worth taking your own life. I tell myself things could always get worse than they are. All you can do is try to live this life the best you can. I hope in time good changes will happen for you.
It's not that I would take my life, it's just that down in the dumps, lost all hope stage we all go through. You just feel like you could ya know?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
glad to see you back darryl. sucks about the car, though im a firm believer in its curse now haha. but hold your head up man, things will get better.​

hirichard

Reaction score
Glad to see you back. Hope all is well. Now I'm sure I found someone with more hatred to their 6th gen than how I am with mine

Back