White spots after waxing

nyknick1015

Reaction score
Hey guys,
The lexus forums are filled with moneybags inexperienced people so Im back for some all around car advice for some of you DIY detailers out there. Everyone first answer to everything is TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER! kind of annoying

anyway, I usually wax my car with turtle black box wax but I ran out of the stuff so i switched over to mothers synthetic wax because ive had some good experiences with it on former cars. (it was cheaper too but former cars weren't black) Car looked great after I waxed it but now a few days later I am getting a bunch of white spots all over the hood and body. Logically thinking, It looks like the wax filled in some of the uneven spots on the paint and dried up so now its kind of impossible to get out. Cant wash the car cuz the wax is there to protect it. Does anyone have any input on how to fix/also even up my paint.

20131017_144130_zps9ca47565.jpg

20131017_144114_zps0cfe86a9.jpg

Some of the 2nd picture is dust from where I work but you can see some of the white spots in what im talking about

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If wax collects somewhere and you can see it, it means it wasn’t rubbed off and can be removed with a towel. I’ve put wax on a couple places on my car before winter just to protect it, then took it off 3 months later. Rubbed right off.

Get an old t-shirt (clean), wrap it around the eraser end of a pencil or something else with a soft but firm end, and spend some time rubbing out the wax in all those tiny divits. Shouldn’t take much, and it will be easy on the finish. Or maybe a small buffing attachment for a dremel could do the trick. Or you can wait it out, they should disappear for the most part after a few washes if you use hose with some decent pressure and microfiber sponge/towel.

Brad2274

Reaction score
^his method should definitely help.
i detail cars have seen stuff like this before, personally on my own car i wash it every week or so and wax it once maybe twice a month, wont kill you to wash lightly a week or 2 after washing it lol. i would either use the method above or give it a good wash then claybar the whole thing then wax and see how it comes out. was it repainted?

nyknick1015

Reaction score
it wasnt repainted on my dime but it looks like the hood got repainted at one point because the paint seems a bit thinner than the rest of the body. The rest of the body I dont have this issue though, its mostly the front end. According to the car fax the car was never in an accident but maybe it wasnt reported and paid out of pocket

kn0x47

Reaction score
Its just paint chips where the wax has collected. Use meguiars nxt or gold class from now on. Those two don't leave white residue behind

Back