Why are our engines so cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Yes... Definitely all over the place cause i dont know what it is and dont know what to do... i left my damn camera cord at my fiance's house so i'll have to wait til at least tuesday now til i can get a new vid posted... i;ll get it though and start a new thread...

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Alright... so when i uploaded the video was the first time I got to hear the recording..... Cant really hear it over the valve noise... its like you can BARELY hear it behind the valve noise.... cant really pick up on how deep it is however... Terrible recording for showing the noise.... But I am a little curious to hear a little feedback...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnY5_DKgaAw

Check it out and let me know your thoughts -- (I can hear them now -- "You're crazy")

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
have you done a compression check yet????? IMO I cant hear hardly anything out of the ordinary

however your valve train is quite noisey and those probably should be adjusted

stanleybb50

Reaction score
yeah the valves are a bit noisy --- not bad though really... I'll just have to get a better video sometime here... you really cant hear the knock over the valve noise -- thats the thing, i would get the valves adjusted and the belt changed if i knew the bottom end was going to be alright... just bought her like 2 and a half months ago...

compression should be good --- shes got plenty of power and "get up" (seems like all 150 horses are stompin in there)

stanleybb50

Reaction score
The noise definitely amplifies the "clacking" - its really not that bad... the lower end noise (or deeper, whatever is causing it) can be heard much more when not on the video...

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
try getting a little father back and holding still man
it may help the camera record the sound if your not so close

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Oh and i tried pulling the plug wires for each cylinder one at a time and there was no change in the sound when revving like ive been talking about... leads me to believe its not a rod or bearing...? is this correct? :thinking:

you think my valves / lifters could make a noise as loud as a rod if they were that out of whack? Usually i just thought there was that "Honda Slap" noise when the valves are really out of adjustment... not a deeper knocking type of noise...

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Just to be a d*ck.... Don't even want any more responses on any of these threads... Close em all if you want!!!

Fact of the matter - if you dont wanna read a thread - don't read it!!! But somehow people are responding... so even if its cause i'm bein a deuschbag- it might at least be entertaining to read my bullsh*t...

i'm lookin for help, dont wanna waste money on a t belt for an engine that might go in 10k anyway... which is what I'll do now.

haha --- "you suck, you suck, you suck - you're cool, I'M OUT!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back