why my coolant water is so dark and is oil...

jccg5

Reaction score
ok this morning i check my car and i found out and clean my coolant tank reservois then i clean it and i just guess how many coolant water i have left...and i open it..and i take it out and the coolant water is dark and and have the color light brown...againt..the coolant water is not the color of coolant water is have the color brown and all oilly

jccg5

Reaction score
ok **** me.....i got head gasket leak...damn it .....now howmuch would it be to replace the head gasket !

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i think book time is 6 hours...ish...so depending on the shop, the labor rate is probably $75/hr+...figure another $40(?) for the part...

ill have my buddy look it up on mitchell tomorrow while hes at work and tell you for sure.

jccg5

Reaction score
i think book time is 6 hours...ish...so depending on the shop, the labor rate is probably $75/hr+...figure another $40(?) for the part...

ill have my buddy look it up on mitchell tomorrow while hes at work and tell you for sure.

lol well guess what...i found a place that my friend said...they charge 25 buck for oem honda accord head gasket..and 40 buck max on labor cost...so 6 hour approximately that 240 and the HG is 25 that 265 for fixing my head gasket...!! that really affordable !! well damn it i flush the coolant all out and then pulll new one in and then i can see the oil is leaking and taking over the coolant...right now im running mixed...not good al all...if i have to drive the car with coolant mix with oil i have to flush my coolant out every single week...!!

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
Thats really cheap... kind of looks fishy to me. But if they're legit thats an amazingly good deal.

jccg5

Reaction score
Thats really cheap... kind of looks fishy to me. But if they're legit thats an amazingly good deal.

well i just call them and they said that is maybe not be your head gasket but is have something going on..between the block and the head that have like casture or caster failure or something....if my block or head is crack then i have to replace the whole engine....and damn it..hoping it a head gasket and not the block or head....if it the block or head...damn im screw and my car only 79.450 so yep if is the block or head then im doing h23 or h22

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
caster head? :thinking:

never heard of that honestly... from ur symptoms, i'd say 90% is the headgasket.. just replace that along with ur timing belt, and water pump and call it a day... if it leaks again, drive till the motor dies on u and then do a swap :naughty:

jccg5

Reaction score
yea so far i ask every one and they all said that is the head gaskit....

Phut

Reaction score
why don't you ask your uncle to do it for you mr. sales manager.

Back