widened steelies

KingVlad

Reaction score
hey guys, right now i have some stock steel wheels from a 98 lx on my car, and as most of you know they are thin as hell!

does anyone have any 4 bolt steelies that are wider than the thin stock ones? maybe 8 inches wide or so or maybe even 10?:lawl:
or is there a way i can widen mine?

i love the look of the steelies on my car but i want wider ones for more of an aggressive look.

rebornS14

Reaction score
yeah id like to get some wider stock steelies also. love having a low key car that blends in with everyone else but i do want to upgrade my suspension and get some wider tires on there. i drive it pretty hard for my daily.

let me know if you find some 4x114.3 steelies 9" or wider. that'd be perfect.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
Check on VWvortex. They will usually have widened steelies in the classifieds.

Or, you can re-barrel a set of steelies for probably around the same price as buying Diamond Racing Wheels. Now if I am not mistaken, our steelies that come on our car 15 inch wheels. You are not going to run 15 inch or it will look hideous. Not sure if you want to or if you can find a set of 17+ rims but that may be a better option. Bigger the wheel, bigger the price on getting them re-barreled.

One other thing, depending on your location depends on how hard it is to find someone to do it for you. Some machine shops may but like I said, depends on your location. Good luck on doing this sir :thumbsup:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Better off going with the Diamond wheels....too many limitations with our stock wheels.

The RDX/MDX would have considerably bigger wheels, for example, but still not in the width you are looking for.

Back