Will Fogs Interfere with CAI?

Madelinot169

Reaction score
I'm planning on buying an AEM CAI for my car, I was checking the bumper not too long ago and by the looks of the bumper, the air would go right straight to the CAI by the vent on the side of the bumper. CAI with direct air access would be perfect for performance, right?

Here is my baby,
DSCF7080.jpg

Now question is, if i installed fog lights like these http://www.amazon.com/Accord-Replacement-Assembly-Lights-Switch/dp/B0023WD0IC. It would cut off the amount of air supply from the CAI so therefore the CAI wouldn't have as much effect?

Millz

Reaction score
the fogs will not interfere with the intake,

if it were a professional racecar, perhaps it would, on accords, no difference whatsoever

LunaccorD

Reaction score
ooh yeah!!!!, it might take away the extra 20HP that the CAI gives to your car! SRI FTW!!!:naughtyrun:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
yes, it doesn't matter. 98-00 Accords don't even have those fog areas and the cone filter is behind the bumper.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
short ram intakes take air from the engine bay, so you wont need to worry about a lack of air due to the fog lights.

and you might notice a slight difference, but it will be louder so you think youll have an extra vtec or two

Back