Will this look good?

honda_dude

Reaction score
how much would it cost to lower my car? I dont hav much dough. Could i just get new springs? would that lower my car? I dont hav enough dough for coilover unless someone sell me their for extremely cheap! :thumbsup:

6genaccord

Reaction score
Yes, with just springs you can lower your car for $150 on eBay (Tein S-tech Springs)...even cheaper if you buy no name springs, ***which is the most terrible/dangerous idea ever***.

I bought Tein S-tech springs off eBay for $150 shipped (yes they're authentic I checked lol). After educating myself on this forum, I decided it would've been a better idea to buy coilovers. After some research I purchased an aftermarket set of shocks/struts to accompany my sport springs (Koni Yellows $580). You could buy different springs and cheaper aftermarket strut/shock (i.e. Tokico) and lower your cost a couple hundred dollars...it's up to you. (Just be careful because, though I havent researched it fully...some Tokico are meant as OEM replacements and will blow out with drop springs on them just like your stocks. Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong)

But its probably one of the BEST investments I could've made and worth every penny. Not only does it look better, but makes your car feel a million times better. Not exagerating...a million. The only thing I regret is deciding after the fact to replace it all and not just getting a fully adjustable coilover set from the getgo) And when you decide to get coilovers or full suspension you'll feel alot more confident through turns and on highways, rather then just doing the springs and replaying all the horror stories people have told on here in your head :p

In either case, I'd say save some money or shop around...Modding cars, especially the suspenion, isn't cheap, there's a happy median to be found between quality and price. You want a bit of both. I tend to look for quality, find the product I want, and then just try and find the best price for that particular item.

If it were your bike and a peg falls off with a buddy on the back he just falls off/steps down at like 10mph...but you're on the highway at 80 mph and a wheel comes off...totally different story. Good luck!

honda_dude

Reaction score
Yes, with just springs you can lower your car for $150 on eBay (Tein S-tech Springs)...even cheaper if you buy no name springs, ***which is the most terrible/dangerous idea ever***.

I bought Tein S-tech springs off eBay for $150 shipped (yes they're authentic I checked lol). After educating myself on this forum, I decided it would've been a better idea to buy coilovers. After some research I purchased an aftermarket set of shocks/struts to accompany my sport springs (Koni Yellows $580). You could buy different springs and cheaper aftermarket strut/shock (i.e. Tokico) and lower your cost a couple hundred dollars...it's up to you. (Just be careful because, though I havent researched it fully...some Tokico are meant as OEM replacements and will blow out with drop springs on them just like your stocks. Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong)

But its probably one of the BEST investments I could've made and worth every penny. Not only does it look better, but makes your car feel a million times better. Not exagerating...a million. The only thing I regret is deciding after the fact to replace it all and not just getting a fully adjustable coilover set from the getgo) And when you decide to get coilovers or full suspension you'll feel alot more confident through turns and on highways, rather then just doing the springs and replaying all the horror stories people have told on here in your head :p

In either case, I'd say save some money or shop around...Modding cars, especially the suspenion, isn't cheap, there's a happy median to be found between quality and price. You want a bit of both. I tend to look for quality, find the product I want, and then just try and find the best price for that particular item.

If it were your bike and a peg falls off with a buddy on the back he just falls off/steps down at like 10mph...but you're on the highway at 80 mph and a wheel comes off...totally different story. Good luck!

yea ur totally right...thanks for the info! inorder to properly lower my car, what i would i need to get? coilovers and springs....thats it?

i'll just wait fot x-mas!! coilover are on my wish list..maybe santa will get them for me?!!!:)

nexTOme

Reaction score
there are basically 2 route you can go about lowering your car.
one is replacing spring/shock combo, the other is getting full coilover dampening system.

if you choose to go with spring/shock combo, you can choose spring that will give you desired drop. they can go from about 1 inch drop to 2.25 inch drop. some springs lower your car same amount all around(this will give you aka boat look), or a bit lower in the front and a bit less in the rear. the reason behind different drop front and rear is because front wheel well is bigger than rear due to heavy weight of the engine.

once you know what springs to get(research ride quality, spring rate, how low it will drop your car, etc) time to get aftermarket shock/strut. just to clraify few things, shocks and struts are used interchangeably now days, so if i say shock and strut back and forth, dont get confused. its the dampening "thing" that stops springs to keep bouncing after they have absorbed the imperfections of the road. there are 2 different types of shocks; one is dampening adjustable, and of course the other is non-adjustable. when you choose a shock tho, be careful to choose the ones that are valved correctly/properly to match your spring. for example, you are dropping about 2-2.25 all around, and you dont wanna get something that is OEM replacement, such as kyb gr2. lower you drop car, better valved shocks you should have. ask around, resarch, it shouldnt be hard to find correct shocks.

just to give you some idea, some common brands of spring are; tein, eibach, neuspeed, h&r. same for shocks are; tokico, koni, kyb.

you can get coilover-sleeves instead of spring, if you want ride height adjustability. popular brands are; ground control, skunk2, tein and more.

there are full-coilover system. usually these springs are much firm-er than regular lowering spring, because manufactures does not know how low you will be going with their product. lower you go, harder spring rate you need. these are getting cheaper and cheaper now days, but just dont get no name brands or, off of ebay for like 50 bucks. again, matching shocks and springs are very important when you change suspension. name brands like tein, omnipower, function and forms, AMR Engineering, and etc are very well matched springs/valved coilover system. again, some offer dampening adjustability which allows you to fine tune your car, while some only offers basic ride height adjustability.

i myself purchased omnipower coilover recently (havent installed yet). reason why i bought them was because of low price(650 shipped from iapdirect), good reviews about them from many 6thgen accord owners, wide range of height adjustability(0-4inch).

hope these helps when you choose to change your suspension.

nexTOme

Reaction score
hold on a second. this is wrong section....LOL

next time, just ask questions under appropriate sections....hehehe

honda_dude

Reaction score
opps..i was asking about eyelids then it suddenly went to suspension....haha!

can a mod please move this?

Back