Window regulator or motor??

kn0x47

Reaction score
like hondaluver said, get one off ebay. i got mine from this guy almost a year ago. it works perfectly. the only issue i've heard about ebay regulators is sometimes they undersize the wiring. i compared the one i got from that guy and it was the same as OEM

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
i got a regulator off rockauto for $17, works perfectly. swap the motor over and set to go.

damage

Reaction score
I think the motor also needs to be replaced since pressing the button doesn't do anything now.

damage

Reaction score
like hondaluver said, get one off ebay. i got mine from this guy almost a year ago. it works perfectly. the only issue i've heard about ebay regulators is sometimes they undersize the wiring. i compared the one i got from that guy and it was the same as OEM

Just my luck, ebay is broken or something right now. The Buy Now button goes to an error page. Tried it on other products, same problem. I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer. :madrun:

slaiguy

Reaction score
i got mine less than 2 weeks ago from the same seller and everything fits like a glove and works great now.

damage

Reaction score
Ok I have the parts. Tips on getting the old one out? I opened the door panel up and not sure how to separate the window glass from the regulator. My window is currently in the up position almost nearly all the way up except for maybe a 1/4" gap from the top. Is there a way to crank the regulator down manually? The motor is dead.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
just did this today on my coupe.

theres six 10mm bolts to remove, this will drop the regulator, motor and glass down so you might want to have a buddy hold the glass.
then pull the glass up to expose 2 more 10mm bolts that connect to the regulator.
remove those two and you should be able to pull the glass out from the top.
let the regulator fold down and you can pull it out of hole thats at the bottom corner.
once its out, slide the new one in. my speaker was in the way so i removed that also.
easiest way i found to do it was to push the regulator all the way up and bolt in the window first, line up the window into the slot.
align the regulator where the six 10mm bolts go and plug the harness back in.

this is probably gibberish without pictures, but its late and i dont feel like taking it apart right now. if you still need help then i'll take pics tomorrow and make a DIY. If you're in socal/LA area im willing to help you out. i also bought mine from that same ebay seller with the motor and regulator as one piece.

Last edited:

Rooo0oach

Reaction score
There's also a tutorial on YouTube for a 5th gen accord. It's the same process though, and it's very helpful. I watched this vid when I had to change mine out. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Back