Windows roll down when key is out?

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
when best buy installed your alarm they probably spliced off the electrical harness to the doors so they could get power the locking system. meaning that as long as there is power is constantly running to the door harness, regardless of how it normally functions.

i don't doubt a major chain like best buy would do installs like this given their volume

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
May be a hassle, but you could just disconnect your battery after you park it. At least it will prevent it from dying if you know your not gonna drive for a while.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Then re-enter your radio code everytime...have your computer re-learn the way you drive everyday, at least twice a day? I wouldn't. Lol.

Rooo0oach

Reaction score
Yeah it's suppose to do that. Once you open a door you can't do that anymore. Also when you leave your lights on and lock the door they shut off in a minute or so

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Yeah it's suppose to do that. Once you open a door you can't do that anymore. Also when you leave your lights on and lock the door they shut off in a minute or so

This.

Mine does it too. If you open the door it no longer will roll up or down. Or if you just sit for a couple minutes it should cut power. If you keep messing with it up and down it'll reset that timer

Bond4387

Reaction score
Yeah Accords do that. Even with the key out. Just as long as none of the doors open

turboaccord98

Reaction score
Yeah I just checked again today when you open the door it stops. So now for the drain on my battery... I'm relocating my battery and installing an external killswitch that I can switch off if the car will be sitting or when it's cold outside.

nsjames

Reaction score
Do you have a multimeter?

Set it to measure amps, place it between battery and cable. Start pulling fuses and watch for the current draw to stop. When it goes away you've narrowed it down to that circuit.

Anything over a few hundred milliamps is an abnormal current draw with the key off.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Yeah I just checked again today when you open the door it stops. So now for the drain on my battery... I'm relocating my battery and installing an external killswitch that I can switch off if the car will be sitting or when it's cold outside.

Do you have a multimeter?

Set it to measure amps, place it between battery and cable. Start pulling fuses and watch for the current draw to stop. When it goes away you've narrowed it down to that circuit.

Anything over a few hundred milliamps is an abnormal current draw with the key off.

This.

The proper thing to do would be to diagnose what is draining your battery and fix it, not put a bandaid on it. You're going to go through batteries like crazy if you keep doing what you're doing.......

Back