Windows won't roll down... Any suggestions?

slowrider87

Reaction score
Glad I looked here before I posted a thread. My driver side window stopped working in the middle of me trying to roll up the window. I have yet to troubleshoot the problem because it happened as I got back from my lunch at work today.
All my other windows work, and this has happened to me once before. But after like 30-40 after the window stopped working, it started to work again. I am guessing it is a bad connection somewhere.

your motor is dying. both the windows in my parents van started doing that. i put new motors in for them and they've been working just dandy ever since.

Bax

Reaction score
Update: Got it working!

Turns out the new switch panels I got (passenger door + rear doors), had different insides than my car. Basically I have a 98, and the switch panels were off a 99 Accord. For some reason the insides of the switches were very different (even though the plugs were the same). But with a little tweaking my friend was able to get them to communicate with each other.

So now everything is working just fine!

Thanks again to all who helped :)

Good to hear! :thumbup:

Raul

Reaction score
Update: Got it working!

Turns out the new switch panels I got (passenger door + rear doors), had different insides than my car. Basically I have a 98, and the switch panels were off a 99 Accord. For some reason the insides of the switches were very different (even though the plugs were the same). But with a little tweaking my friend was able to get them to communicate with each other.

So now everything is working just fine!

Thanks again to all who helped :)

I think I have almost the same problem. I unplugged the driver side switch panels but did not touch the passenger side panels. Now the driver side window works fine but the passenger side does not.

NocturnalEvo

Reaction score
all you did is unplug/plug? Or did you change anything?

I'd check the following..

- fuses
- make sure all harnesses are plugged in tight.

Raul

Reaction score
all you did is unplug/plug? Or did you change anything?

I'd check the following..

- fuses
- make sure all harnesses are plugged in tight.

I installed foldable mirrors which required to kind of take off the door panel. Also there is a small connector near the passenger side panel which is hanging loosely. I double checked and it was not the mirror connector nor the window connector. Ugh feeling so frustrated:sad:

But yeah tonight i will check the fuses and make sure that the harnesses are plugged in tight.

Back