Wiring question!

SlickSilver

Reaction score
Well, I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX SEDAN

Anyway, while I was installing my foglights today, I was reaching for the green 18 pin connector and I managed to remove one red and one white wire from their connectors all I remember is that tey were intertwined with one another pretty damn well. I didn't take notice of how it was wired before so now I'm clueless as to where they go. They're located close by to the fuse box on the bottom left side of the dash..

I have no idea what those wires do, so I'd like to know, and if someone could, It would be nice if someone could draw a diagram of how its suppose to be or better yet, someone go outside and snap a picture of how theirs is wired up.. (I'd take pictures but its pretty dark now)

I don't know if this matters, but I also have a KARR alarm system (Can't recall model) but I believe its a 4040A

Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:

SlickSilver

Reaction score
any chance you could take a pic?

Snapped with my iphone, I put my interior back in so it was kind of a pain to get a decent angle, but hopefully it's good enough.

Like I said, they're by the left side fuse box

001.jpg

002.jpg

EDIT I have no idea if those two wires are suppose to be there, so I'm hoping someone could tell me what those two wires are for, and where the proper locations are for them.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, oem wires a usually almost never wrapped together like that, so i would suspect thats part of your alarm. also, i just went out and looked at my car and saw the same spot where your two wires are, and theres nothing plugged in there on mine. those are definitely not oem connectors, so thatd be another hint, to me, that its not oem wiring and most likely part of your alarm you had installed.

also, i just looked in my 98-00 accord etm, and it says those are optional connectors. the one with the red wire going to it is listed as "optional connector (dash lights: circuit 11)". the one with the white wire going to it says "optional connector (b+: fuse 42)".

so theyre nothing crazy, and most likely just for your alarm.

Last edited:

SlickSilver

Reaction score
well, oem wires a usually almost never wrapped together like that, so i would suspect thats part of your alarm. also, i just went out and looked at my car and saw the same spot where your two wires are, and theres nothing plugged in there on mine. those are definitely not oem connectors, so thatd be another hint, to me, that its not oem wiring and most likely part of your alarm you had installed.

also, i just looked in my 98-00 accord etm, and it says those are optional connectors. the one with the red wire going to it is listed as "optional connector (dash lights: circuit 11)". the one with the white wire going to it says "optional connector (b+: fuse 42)".

so theyre nothing crazy, and most likely just for your alarm.

Okay, thank you! That makes a lot of sense.. because I just turned on my dash lights and when I use my remote, it unlocks / locks my doors, and when the dash lights are off, they won't respond to my remote.. and obviously that's not what I want.. so now the issue is to find where they properly belong!

Is there a picture of the diagram you used online? As it sounds like it would be very useful to me in figuring out the proper way to hook these wires up.

Thank you

BTW my fog installation was a failure.. hahaha.. time for round 2 in December!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
lol, well, i dont really think the diagram in the etm book would help you much with your alarm. it just says those are optionals, like i said, so like, for things to be added onto. so like, in the book they dont show that they go to anywhere, haha. i think youd have to look at some sort of installation manual for your alarm, cuz it should tell you where those wires should go to for the alarm. or is where theyre plugged into now where you thought they were before?

SlickSilver

Reaction score
lol, well, i dont really think the diagram in the etm book would help you much with your alarm. it just says those are optionals, like i said, so like, for things to be added onto. so like, in the book they dont show that they go to anywhere, haha. i think youd have to look at some sort of installation manual for your alarm, cuz it should tell you where those wires should go to for the alarm. or is where theyre plugged into now where you thought they were before?

It's where they're plugged into right now where I thought they were before, which clearly isnt the case. haha. I guess I'll search online for the 4040A installation manual.

I was just thinking that if I knew what each optional was, it would help me figure out which wire went where, that's why I was wondering about the diagram :p

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
hmm....the etm says the other optionals, the two in front of the ones that yours are plugged into now, are "optional connector (acc: fuse 8 - drivers)" and "optional connector (ig2: fuse 4 - drivers".

"fuse 8" is the one in front of the white wire, and "fuse 4" is the one in front of the red one.

"fuse 8" is described as "accessory power socket relay, option connector r"

"fuse 4" is described as "abs control unit, power mirrors, power mirror defoggers (canada), option connector s"

those wires are wrapped pretty tight, so i would assume they came from one or the other of those two sets of optional connections....and since you said your alarm doesnt work now unless your dash lights are on, id say try em out in the other ones, especially since one of the connection points is an accessory socket ("fuse 8"). so maybe try just moving those wires to those other optionals, and maybe then itll all work fine? haha. idk, i think itd be good to know exactly what those wires each are for as well, based off your alarm.

also, i dont see any other optionals listed for the back of the fuse panel. those 4 connection points are the only ones listed.

Last edited:

SlickSilver

Reaction score
hmm....the etm says the other optionals, the two in front of the ones that yours are plugged into now, are "optional connector (acc: fuse 8 - drivers)" and "optional connector (ig2: fuse 4 - drivers".

"fuse 8" is the one in front of the white wire, and "fuse 4" is the one in front of the red one.

"fuse 8" is described as "accessory power socket relay, option connector r"

"fuse 4" is described as "abs control unit, power mirrors, power mirror defoggers (canada), option connector s"

those wires are wrapped pretty tight, so i would assume they came from one or the other of those two sets of optional connections....and since you said your alarm doesnt work now unless your dash lights are on, id say try em out in the other ones, especially since one of the connection points is an accessory socket ("fuse 8"). so maybe try just moving those wires to those other optionals, and maybe then itll all work fine? haha. idk, i think itd be good to know exactly what those wires each are for as well, based off your alarm.

also, i dont see any other optionals listed for the back of the fuse panel. those 4 connection points are the only ones listed.

Okay, so after searching a bit online I think I found the wiring colors for my alarm (KS-2040)

RED. 12V PARKING LIGHT INPUT (+)

WHITE. PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT (+)

PURPLE. POSITIVE (+) DOOR INPUT

BLUE. NEGATIVE (-) TRUNK OUTPUT (CURRENT LIMITED)

GREEN/WHITE. DOME LIGHT SUPERSVISION (1 OF 2 #30)

BLACK/WHITE. NEGATIVE (-) HORN OUTPUT (CURRENT LIMITED)

GREEN/WHITE. DOME LIGHT SUPERVISION (2 of 2 #87)

RED/WHITE. 12V ALARM INPUT (+)

WHITE/BLACK. 12V SIREN OUTPUT (+)

BLACK. SYSTEM GROUND (-)

BROWN. (-) NEGATIVE DOOR INPUT

YELLOW. IGNITION INPUT (+)

GREEN. TRUNK INPUT (-)

ORANGE. STARTER KILL OUTPUT (-)

So oh great Sketch o5, could you translate that into layman's terms for the red and white wires?

I swear if you were in SoCal I'd buy you a steak dinner for your help so far! :jarred:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, based on the descriptions you found for the solid red and solid white....i would assume your alarm should still be fully functional, even if those two wires werent plugged into anything, since all theyre for is the parking lights, in order for them to flash for confirmation.

did your car still "arm" even when your dash lights were off?

haha, and thanks for the dinner offer....too bad i dont live in socal, but thank god i dont cuz of the car laws, hahaha :p

Last edited:
Back