Wiring question!

SlickSilver

Reaction score
well, based on the descriptions you found for the solid red and solid white....i would assume your alarm should still be fully functional, even if those two wires werent plugged into anything, since all theyre for is the parking lights, in order for them to flash for confirmation.

did your car still "arm" even when your dash lights were off?

haha, and thanks for the dinner offer....too bad i dont live in socal, but thank god i dont cuz of the car laws, hahaha :p

My car does not arm when I use my remote with the dash lights off. The only time I get verification is when the dash lights are on and I use the remote. I then get a HONK from my car with my dash lights on, followed by my doors unlocking/locking, but the parking lights do not flash [which make sense]. With the dash lights off, the car does not honk or unlock/lock, and the LED for the alarm does not light up [with no parking lights flashing as well].

Also, with my dash lights OFF the red LED does not flash. I noticed that when I turn my dash lights on and then put the alarm system in VALET MODE (alarm LED turns a SOLID red) and when I turn the dash lights off afterwards, the red LED does not light up at all.) Significant? I think so. Do I know why? No. haha..

Man, next time I deal with wiring I'm gonna take a BEFORE picture to avoid this headache! CURSE MY FAT FINGERS AND SMALL WORK SPACE! GAHHHH

Go to bed man! It's 2:05 over there! :coffee:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
hahhaa, alright. well, id say try them out in the other optional sockets, and the alarm should work at all times i would think because one is an accessory socket, which should always be able to be used when needed.

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
So oh great Sketch o5, could you translate that into layman's terms for the red and white wires?

I swear if you were in SoCal I'd buy you a steak dinner for your help so far! :jarred:

Come get your steak dinner Andy. Oh and your front lip. :lawl:

SlickSilver

Reaction score
Woo, I got the right order after my morning class! I can't recall what went to where ATM, as it was just something I did and it just worked..I'll take a look after I head out to my other class. But all I know is, the white one was for the parking lights 8]

Yay for the interwebs!

No longer do I have to have the fear of my car alarm going off when I use the key to open the door! :147703263745b138a51:147703263745b138a51:147703263745b138a51:147703263745b138a51:147703263745b138a51:147703263745b138a51

Now Sketch o5, come over here and look at my wiring for my foglights, it's driving me nuts! :nutkick: hahaha :peace:

Thanks again!

Back