Worth trying to put suspension back to stock?

hellfire127

Reaction score
I currently have Tein SS coilovers on my 99 accord. Already bought the stock catback and headlights to replace my magnaflow catback and retrofit headlights.

The only major thing left is the coilovers. Is it worth the trouble buying used struts and springs and putting them back to stock? I did the coilovers myself so I could probably save labor cost if I were to find some decent used oem struts and springs. There's somebody locally that wants $100 for his whole oem set, but he told me the car had 250k miles before upgrading his whole suspension and brakes. Is it worth the trouble buying a used oem set?

How much do these tein ss coilovers go for now? I got them used from a member here, I've put less than 20k miles on them and can't remember what the previous owner's mileage on them

Thanks

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'd swap back to OEM suspension or buy OEM suspension in good shape and sell it with the car. Either way, you have to let the buyer know the suspension is not stock.

Or if the Teins are in good shape and don't have crazy mileage on em, I'd take them off and get what you can for em.

hellfire127

Reaction score
I'd swap back to OEM suspension or buy OEM suspension in good shape and sell it with the car. Either way, you have to let the buyer know the suspension is not stock.

Or if the Teins are in good shape and don't have crazy mileage on em, I'd take them off and get what you can for em.

It'll be hard finding a set of OEM in good shape with low miles on them. The local guy's set is in great shape but 250k is a lot of miles.

The buyer is a family friend and he doesn't care. I mean if I can't get much for these Tein ss then I'll just leave them on there. Wish I had kept all my stock parts years ago.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Gotcha. If the buyer doesn't care and you don't care about trying to get any money for them, doesn't sound like it's worth the trouble.

hellfire127

Reaction score
Yeah I just think it'd be better for him if it was mostly OEM. Wouldn't it just need new struts if I get the used OEM set in order to make them feel like new again on the ride quality?

I mean if I can't get more than $150 in difference then it's just not worth the trouble to me.

I plan on putting the magnaflow catback and retrofit headlights on this forum within the next week or two.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
sell the parts to some local dude for labor of installing yours FIRST.

drive his car 1st, make sure it's ok, then drive yours WITH HIM after, in case somethings f'd.

Total: $0 (might even make some)

Last edited:

hellfire127

Reaction score
sell the parts to some local dude for labor of installing yours FIRST.

drive his car 1st, make sure it's ok, then drive yours WITH HIM after, in case somethings f'd.

I've actually already tried putting up an ad to trade my aftermarket for an oem set. No interest lol

At this point, I'm just gonna replace the catback and the headlights and leave everything else on there.

Thought about keeping it as a second car but already have a motorcycle and just got a new 13 mustang.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i'm in the same boat... i figured after buying an OEM set, installing it, and aligning the car, i'd prob walk away with some money... is it worth it? not when i have a 6 week old baby at home...

hellfire127

Reaction score
i'm in the same boat... i figured after buying an OEM set, installing it, and aligning the car, i'd prob walk away with some money... is it worth it? not when i have a 6 week old baby at home...

Yeah and this car is gonna need new tires soon so an alignment is needed eventually but I'm just gonna sell it as is. Gonna miss the car though, just had timing belt changed along w water pump so it'll last new owner for a while.

Back