Would $5,000 get me a turbo kit and a tranny swap?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you wanted to have more fun driving, I'd say swap to 5spd and add a noisemaker. But if you really want speed, I wouldn't put any money into your Accord. Just focus on other areas of your life and forget about a fast car for now, keep saving your money and a couple years down the road you can look for something again.

You really have to love these cars and want to hold onto them for a while if you're gonna put serious money into them.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Not necessarily. He has an i4, the way things are routed in the bay are different so all that would have to be redone. And if he's paying someone else to do this labor...that could be a lot. Not to mention he would need to change to 6spd.

JDMEpitome

Reaction score
more than a little, and I was going to take it to a shop and have them do it anyway

Tranny: I looked at swapping the Auto Tranny on my car at a local shop, they quoted me a roughish 3K for a 5 Speed swap. I don't know how legitimate that is since, it was a while ago, and quite honestly, I never did enough research to consider it.

Turbo: The Kit + The install is going to be more than 2K. I can gauruntee that, plus the tuning. . . $$$

Just keep saving, if you still don't come across anything, and you have a few more G's to spend, then I'd consider it. But, you also have to consider the amount of miles your engine has on it, and wether or not it's suited for heavy or even low amounts of boost.

That's my two cents, but don't take my word for it. I'm not a pro or cert. Mechanic.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
5,000 won't touch a proper turbo build+tune and a tranny swap. That's a pipe dream, man.

Save that 5k for a better car. Be happy you have a reliable car that's helping you to currently save more money....

Back