WS piping, magnaflow muffler

NINaudio

Reaction score
I had a Apex'i WS catback for years now and the muffler finally had enough and kicked the bucket. It would give off this annoying rattle, so a buddy of mine at work gave me a magnaflow muffler that he had originally bought for his wife's solara, but she didn't want it. I thought this was great since funds are a little tight at the moment. I have a local meineke weld it onto my existing WS piping (60mm to 2.25", close enough). Holy crap is it loud! Well, actually, it's loud from about 1500-4000 rpm. Above 4k it gets real quiet and all I can hear is my intake. For most normal driving though I find it to be really annoying. It resonates within the car and is pretty obnoxious. :owned:

I'm looking for options to quiet it down with my last resort being to replace it. If it gets to that point would it be best to just order the universal WS2 muffler or a whole new cat-back system?

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
^ +1 to the cl-s muffler

Magnaflow and import do not mix, especially our cars. an apexi muffler should be fine if you dont want to spend a lot of money, they are fairly quiet

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^ +1 to the cl-s muffler

Magnaflow and import do not mix, especially our cars. an apexi muffler should be fine if you dont want to spend a lot of money, they are fairly quiet

No way, Steve I have to disagree. Well, maybe not for the i4's, but I think my magnaflow v6 catback sounds very nice.

NINaudio

Reaction score
I was thinking of picking up a CL-S muffler or the WS II. Other option is to get a new WS II catback and sell the magnaflow. Where can one buy a CL-S muffler? Any acura dealer? Does it need to be for the 98-02 models?

Almighty, I have a V2 as well and the sound of the magnaflow is driving me crazy. lol

Back