Yellow High Beam Help

JetLife

Reaction score
You don't really need high quality bulbs in your high beams cause they're not used very often. Please don't be that person that drives during the day with all their lights on including high beams just to flaunt the yellow.
If you're gonna do it, do it right. Do a DRL mod to the highs or wire the highs independently such that you can switch on just the highs if you must run the highs at full blast.
Any Ebay yellow 9005's (Nokya or Luminix?) should suffice. If you're gonna do it right try PIAA.

oppppsss i should prob stop doing that :hide:

& OP Get hyper yellows Nokya

Stee-Bo

Reaction score
I have hids in my low beams and bought 9005 luminics "jdm yellow" 2500k bulbs for the high beams for the same reason The Bax said.
make sure you get bulbs that have the same wattage as stock bulbs or you might have melting issues.
If you want the yellow look during the day with the lights off, paint the bucket yellow with that stained glass paint. Mine make the bucket yellow when you look at a certain angle and I just have the bulbs.

What is the wattage is the stock bulbs of the high beams, do you know?

001Stunna

Reaction score
What is the wattage is the stock bulbs of the high beams, do you know?

65w i believe.

I ran ebay 100w things for 2 years, no issues until one burnt out. Its not like you ever use your highbeams really anyz. Maybe 4-5times a day max if that.
Currently on a second set of ebay ones. No issues.

Last edited:

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Pretty sure it is 65w. The luminics are 65w and advertise to be as bright as a 100w bulb. They are pretty damn bright.

Back