Yellow High Beam Help

Stee-Bo

Reaction score
I want yellow high beams, but I want to get your opinions on which bulbs are good quality, and what "k" is considered yellow.

I was thinking about getting nikon bulbs that were 2500 K for my high beams.

Also is our high beam bulb size 9006?

Narftastic

Reaction score
Yes 2500k is yellow if u want even more yellow paint the high beam bucket yellow like I did...and the high beam size is 9005... U could of searched that part

CHID0

Reaction score
You don't really need high quality bulbs in your high beams cause they're not used very often. Please don't be that person that drives during the day with all their lights on including high beams just to flaunt the yellow.
If you're gonna do it, do it right. Do a DRL mod to the highs or wire the highs independently such that you can switch on just the highs if you must run the highs at full blast.
Any Ebay yellow 9005's (Nokya or Luminix?) should suffice. If you're gonna do it right try PIAA.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^PIAA ftw. I have their H3's in my fogs and they light up the road great when I need them.

NotNice

Reaction score
anyone tried an hid kit on the high beams? would prolly blind everyone in the day time

Bax

Reaction score
anyone tried an hid kit on the high beams? would prolly blind everyone in the day time

It would make the kit not last as long, though. Hid kits aren't meant to be turned on, off, on, off, on, off, etc. Also flashing people would be useless because the bulbs need a few moments to warm up.
Nick (Hernandezniko, or nico idr) has hids in his high beams.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
I have hids in my low beams and bought 9005 luminics "jdm yellow" 2500k bulbs for the high beams for the same reason The Bax said.
make sure you get bulbs that have the same wattage as stock bulbs or you might have melting issues.
If you want the yellow look during the day with the lights off, paint the bucket yellow with that stained glass paint. Mine make the bucket yellow when you look at a certain angle and I just have the bulbs.

Back