Your advice on possible vandalism

cfox28

Reaction score
So I don't I went to giant eagle right around midnight, and came back to see the driver side mirror hanging on the side, with no note or anything. I filed a police report, and went home. The weird thing at giant eagle was the fact that the mirror was nowhere to be found. I go home and decide to check the street where I park for the mirror lens, and sure enough its there, but on the passenger side near the curb. The thing is, that although Its possible that i didn't notice the lens missing b/c its a 3 min drive on dark roads, there is noway i would have just missed a hanging mirror. I called the cop back to include this information.

My guess is that nothing is going to show from the cameras at giant eagle, and the deductible for my insurance is probably going to be higher than the cost. Does anyone know how much this might cost me? I have the whole assembly, the lens, and the wiring is intact. the paint is f'ed up, but the assembly just needs attached.

Thanks for the advice

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
You're trying to fix your side-mirror correct?

This is what happened to me a few years ago. It came out of nowhere and hit my car. I thought it was a joke lol.

DSCN3707.jpg

DSCN3715.jpg

Anyways. As you can see, my side-mirror was hanging by itself. When I went to the repair shop, they told me that our 6gen side mirrors come already painted nowadays with the electrical power wire included. The cost of the part (mirror) was $191.25. I don't know if the price is cheap or expensive, and I could care less, b/c it wasn't my at-fault-accident, but it's very easy to DIY for the installation.

Last edited:

cfox28

Reaction score
^ thanks that does help. did that price include the triangular piece that attaches to the car?

it looks like i'll be the one spending the money, even though it wasn't my fault, b/c nobody fessed up. We'll see though, calling my insurance today

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Our cars have been vandalized before. We didn't get them the first time.. So even with no one to pin our insurance covered every penny. As long as you have more than just liability they should

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ thanks that does help. did that price include the triangular piece that attaches to the car?

it looks like i'll be the one spending the money, even though it wasn't my fault, b/c nobody fessed up. We'll see though, calling my insurance today
Hmm... I'm not 100% positive on that triangle piece. I know that the wiring is also included, so it will be more than likely. It will be pretty dumb, if the triangle is separately sold, but everything else (wiring) is included. You know what I mean? Also when I tried to mod the whole piece in two different color, there was no way for me to separate the triangle (at least for me) so I'm pretty sure it's all together. (you can also visually make sure by checking out online Honda genuine parts retailers like Magestic Honda to see if the triangle is together within its price.)

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sorry about your lucky, that's crappy. Good luck with the fix.

The triangle mounting piece is part of the mirror.

Emphasis

Reaction score
If there's one near you, I got my mirror from a junkyard for 70$ after someone swiped the glass. Made for a fun DIY.

Back