What'd you do to your accord today?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
"what did you do..."

Nothing to the Ack, modified my 599 (bike, \/ ), replaced the seat lock with a house door hinge...really, a house door hinge :p

I have spare parts out the a$$ :D

pics of my hack later, waiting on an email to myself :D

Varnell

Reaction score
I don't understand why people freak out about snow, why local news calls every snowfall a "winter storm", or why we salt the roads to death. First of all, it's Ohio...not New England. Second, snow is not hard to drive in. Third, using salt unnecessarily/excessively shortens the life of the roads and the cars that travel them.

All you need are decent A/S tires, common sense, and assured clear distance...and everyone is fine.

midwestproblems

People freak out about snow up there?

I've seen three of the smallest specks of white this morning and schools are already being canceled.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Got home easily. Radio said there were cars spun out everywhere. Why is the human race so dumb.

Yep. But it's still a fun time

I love driving in the snow. A bunch of people left early from work, their cars are AWD and they live 10 minutes away. :eh:

People freak out about snow up there?

I've seen three of the smallest specks of white this morning and schools are already being canceled.

Yeah, it's pathetic. The heaviest snow we get here is just a dusting in New York and those people handle it like a champ. At the first possibility of snow the local news here goes crazy, schools close, and we plaster the roads with salt. Soo ridiculous.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I got an undertail for an 98-02 Hornet, so it has no keyhole. I hacked my OEM undertail to fit inside it, to keep my organizer junk. This is similar to my 599a hack with a homemade under tail.

So, first I drilled a hole to run the cable into the frame:

10982478_10100695073030589_4002628973152385332_n.jpg

Then I routed the cable

10995995_10100695073040569_5162665847895591524_n.jpg

Then I used a door hinge to pull the cable.

10991212_10100695073225199_5099085660165857798_n.jpg

The next hack will be an alarm, I think an SPDT relay that is powered by ignition power, connected to a *buzzer* so when the key is off it powers a switch (N-Open) that is pressed by the seat. So if the key is off and the seat is popped, 'ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!'

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10100695085026549&l=5753318927318398850

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10100695086783029&l=7051429516977051832

599a hack:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=966312695169&l=167166172900384875

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I love driving in the snow. A bunch of people left early from work, their cars are AWD and they live 10 minutes away. :eh:
I don't mind driving in the snow, but I try not to go out when it's in busy hours. It's b/c no matter how careful / good you drive, it's others that can hit your car... I'd absolutely hate to be rear-ended 'n get my car totaled by a dumb a$$ who can't pull the brake properly in the snow, or going through a hectic repair work. Ppl overreact too much here in Seattle as well. What's worse is that, a bunch of SUV drivers think that they're invincible on the roads, and end up on a collision course, ultimately worsening the traffic congestions...

Regardless of ppl driving in the snow pathetically, I think the driver's licensing test in U.S. is too easy to pass; It seems like the DL test is made to have ppl pass the test, rather than made to fail. Over the past few years, I've seen numerous international ppl coming into Seattle, working for Microsoft. I won't disclose which country they're from, but I've seen many of them practice driving an empty parking lot. It's good that they practice, but when they pass the DL test, they usually end up driving under the speed limit, putting high beams on all the time, keeping inter-vehicle gap too much during the rush hours, driving awfully slow on a passing lane, talking / texting w/ a cell phone, etc. And, majority of those ppl have not dealt w/ snow in their life.. With that said, I'd def stay out of trouble 'n stay home, when it snows...

Last edited:

eiff3lr

Reaction score
I don't mind driving in the snow, but I try not to go out when it's in busy hours. It's b/c no matter how careful / good you drive, it's others that can hit your car... I'd absolutely hate to be rear-ended 'n get my car totaled by a dumb a$$ who can't pull the brake properly in the snow, or going through a hectic repair work. Ppl overreact too much here in Seattle as well. What's worse is that, a bunch of SUV drivers think that they're invincible on the roads, and end up on a collision course, ultimately worsening the traffic congestions...

Regardless of ppl driving in the snow pathetically, I think the driver's licensing test in U.S. is too easy to pass; It seems like the DL test is made to have ppl pass the test, rather than made to fail. Over the past few years, I've seen numerous international ppl coming into Seattle, working for Microsoft. I won't disclose which country they're from, but I've seen many of them practice driving an empty parking lot. It's good that they practice, but when they pass the DL test, they usually end up driving under the speed limit, putting high beams on all the time, keeping inter-vehicle gap too much during the rush hours, driving awfully slow on a passing lane, talking / texting w/ a cell phone, etc. And, majority of those ppl have not dealt w/ snow in their life.. With that said, I'd def stay out of trouble 'n stay home, when it snows...
Same thing with me i dont mind driving in the snow, its all the idiots on the road who dont understand that their car has a limit that sways me to keep my personal car off the road. Working as an MAVT im transporting patients in this mess, now driving these vans makes me nervous since its not registered under my name and also i basically have a Glass box[patient] strapped into the back of the van lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
This is now the "what do you have to bitch about today thread?" :lawl:

True, many SUV drivers are idiots. They barrel through snow covered lanes thinking they’re invincible and then end up on their roof a couple miles down the road. I’ve seen that happen.

Right again. It’s waaay too easy to get a drivers license here. Finland is a good example for how to properly teach people to operate a motor vehicle. In Europe in general, the test is more than just a quick driving test and parallel parking. And I’ve heard of people being put on a skidpad to teach them how grip works, what happens when it breaks loose, and how to recover control. Our requirements are so outdated, meanwhile we put all these “driver aids” on new cars, when the problem is actually no one knows anything about the 4000lb machine they’re operating around tons of people every day. It really makes no sense if you think about it, why do we let this go on? :ugh:

I wish I was in some position of authority so I could change this ****. :lawl:

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I completely agree with, Chris. It's way too easy to get a driver's license here. It's more like getting a weapon permit because everyone here is a scary driver. We should also have people take the test again after so many years of having their license.

Back