Gas pedal response messed up

james'99

Reaction score
The old sensor is usually stuck, I just whack off the top and use an impact wrench to remove it.

But yeah, M18x1.5

I can't find my pic :( , the sparkplug defouler trick doesn't work well because the sensor will hit the tunnel, use one with a pipe street elbow. They are male on one end, femal on the other. Run them: cat-ELBOW-defouler-sensor. I can't remember the size right now, like 1/2" pipe, so that will be like 5/8"-11tpi thread. They bassically thread together. The defouler needs a bit of help to work, though.

Well, considering he is actually catted, he just needs a little something just to make it so the light stays out. If he had a test pipe, maybe more would be required?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Well, I would fix it, not confuse the ecm. But the spacer (the plug thing) pushes it like 1.25" out, and you have like 1.3" of space. That is an issue.

james'99

Reaction score
I'm just trying to determine what the problem is. Do you think the EGR being clogged could cause such a code?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I reread, I'm a bit confused about the problem.

Your throttle, then EVAP, then cat...

So what's strange now?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Ah, and he has the Magnaflow weld in, right?

P0420: First I'd check if the cat is the right cat. IIRC some new metal stuff was added for OBD2. It makes the signal (on the O2 sensor) change or waver. That's what the ECU looks for...IIRC. On my hack the pulses of exhaust pressure (from each cylinder in sequence) make somekinda flow wave, that turns into a signal wave.

For EGR flow, got the code #? So I can research exactly what the code means.

phi1542

Reaction score
The old sensor is usually stuck, I just whack off the top and use an impact wrench to remove it.

But yeah, M18x1.5

I can't find my pic :( , the sparkplug defouler trick doesn't work well because the sensor will hit the tunnel, use one with a pipe street elbow. They are male on one end, femal on the other. Run them: cat-ELBOW-defouler-sensor. I can't remember the size right now, like 1/2" pipe, so that will be like 5/8"-11tpi thread. They bassically thread together. The defouler needs a bit of help to work, though.

I replaced both O2 sensors so I hope it will be easy to remove. Can I remove it with my hands or I need a wrench? Assuming 18mm?

So the one I linked James won't work? I don't see cat elbow defouler anywhere lol

james'99

Reaction score
I replaced both O2 sensors so I hope it will be easy to remove. Can I remove it with my hands or I need a wrench? Assuming 18mm?

So the one I linked James won't work? I don't see cat elbow defouler anywhere lol

What code did you you have for egr?

phi1542

Reaction score
Last edited:
Back