Gas pedal response messed up

phi1542

Reaction score
Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
So today I used the 3M intake system tune up kit and used some seafoam as well to see if it would help with my CEL codes. After I used it my engine started making this screeching noise that I know was not there before.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib4gD_SrHkw

Seems to be coming from the timing belt area. I had my Water pump and timing belt replaced about 50k miles ago too so i dont think there should be any issues there

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
So I opened up the intake valve today and cleaned out the egr ports from there and wow......

fvk96o.jpg

It was completely clogged... Like solid all the way.... I couldn't even push a screw driver through it. So I blasted it with cleaner and pushed it with a screw driver until I cleaned out all that I could.

azf392.jpg

I also cleaned the ports on the engine too and under the EGR valve. Cleaned the other side of the throttle body while I was at it. I'm letting all the cleaner dry over night because last time it messed up my car and I had to make this thread hahaha. Hopefully all goes well and there are no new issues and that it fixes my CEL codes..... Wish me luck :)

james'99

Reaction score
So I opened up the intake valve today and cleaned out the egr ports from there and wow......

fvk96o.jpg

It was completely clogged... Like solid all the way.... I couldn't even push a screw driver through it. So I blasted it with cleaner and pushed it with a screw driver until I cleaned out all that I could.

azf392.jpg

I also cleaned the ports on the engine too and under the EGR valve. Cleaned the other side of the throttle body while I was at it. I'm letting all the cleaner dry over night because last time it messed up my car and I had to make this thread hahaha. Hopefully all goes well and there are no new issues and that it fixes my CEL codes..... Wish me luck :)

I take it cleaner passes from the top to the bottom no problem now?

phi1542

Reaction score
Yeah because that thing was closed shut lol crazy but at 262k miles im not surprised haha what about the defouler? You guys haven't replied to that :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

james'99

Reaction score
Yeah because that thing was closed shut lol crazy but at 262k miles im not surprised haha what about the defouler? You guys haven't replied to that :(

I'm not totally sure of the issues that xci was commenting on. Give it a few days. If the light comes back, we will address it. Otherwise, leave it legit.

phi1542

Reaction score
Ok haha man after cleaning that out I feel like I'm driving a new car!!! No lag at all. Throttle response and great a smooooooth :)

Back